General Motors Infrastructure Engineer (Microsoft Azure) - INF0018793 in Warren, Michigan
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
- Deploy new applications around Azure services with consideration for Availability, Operations, Performance, Capacity, Security, and User Experience
- Monitor and pro-activity manage the environment
- Troubleshoot complex Microsoft Azure issues
- Manage development and test infrastructure
- Focus around security & cost management services
- Document installation guides
- Create architecture diagrams, service description and operations run book documentation
- Manage and review Microsoft Platform solutions
Work with a global team and able to meet or perform tasks off-hours
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of fiveyears of experience in IT, including excellent knowledge of networking, computing and storage
- Windows Azure: cloud computing platform and services
- Experience in managingHybrid environments with Office 365
- Knowledge of Azure AD Connect configuration and Premier Azure AD connect.
- Candidate should be knowledgeable in PowerShell scripting specially scripts for O365
- Knowledge on Different Modules of O365: AIP, Skype for Business, One Drive, Windows Intune, Mobile Device Management, SharePoint Online, Office Pro plus, etc.
- ExpertKnowledge in Troubleshooting of O365 regular and common issues
- Debugging complex problems on production environments, Performance optimization and tuning of development/system test/UAT/production environment
- Demonstrated performance in a position requiring both high creativity and engineering technical excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with customer service skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong desire to learn new things independently
- Knowledge of security best practices
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Seven or more years of experience in IT or application development
- Three or more years of experience with Windows Azure and Azure Stack
- Experience with DevOps role and/or cost optimization on Windows Azure
- Developing and supporting shared services
- Windows system administration
- Advanced experience in PowerShell
- Experience of storage, network and server technologies
- Previous experience of architectural governance is preferable
- Some .net programming skills beneficial
- Previous experience of large project delivery
- Strong evidence of career performance excellence in position of ever increasing levels of responsibility and challenge
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.