General Motors Infotainment Validation Engineer - ENG0032694 in Warren, Michigan
- Infotainment validation engineer for telematics.
- Work with design team and suppliers to develop and execute validation plans and the component, subsystem, and vehicle level.
- Develop test procedures that comprehend subsystem requirements.
- Execute validation plans for the subsystem at bench and vehicle level.
- Analyze the vehicle portfolio and associated interfacing subsystem rollout (clusters, infotainment, safety, etc) to develop a high level test matrix that ensures that all vehicle/component combinations are tested.
- Develop test methods based on functional telematics and interfacing subsystem requirements.
- Facilitate development of component hardware validation plans to be executed at a supplier.
- Execute testing to developed test methods that validate system requirements of telematics subsystem.
- Monitor and report status of testing and validation activities.
- Document all anomalies using existing documentation tools (PRTS)
- Root cause system level telematics nonconformities to the appropriate offending module.
- Update component / subsystem scorecards to properly status telematics validation status.
- Develop new test techniques to improve test quality/efficiency.
- Work with engineering functions, suppliers and others to implement cost reduction items or product improvements
- Attend PDT's and contribute validation status.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent training/experience
- Experience with common electrical test equipment (meters, scopes, etc.)
- High level of analytical ability to solve problems that are unusual or difficult
- High level of analytical ability to understand the operation of complex combinational and sequential systems
- Ability to manage multiple project assignments and switch between tasks as timing and resources dictate.
- Self motivating to achieve results on time with minimum supervision.
- Good oral and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- This position requires the ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with automotive electrical systems.
- Experience with telematics related components and functionality.
- Experience with embedded microprocessor-based devices and systems.
- Experience with automotive serial data protocols (CAN, MOST, Ethernet, etc).
- Experience with automotive serial data tools (Vehicle Spy, Mocha, etc)
- Experience with environmental, diagnostics, and serial data testing
- Experience with PC driven test equipment and systems.
- Experience with hardware and software requirements documentation
- Basic knowledge of cellular systems and GPS