General Motors Infotainment Technical Program Manager – Vehicle Software Management - ENG0032041 in Warren, Michigan
GM is building an Infotainment platform software team which is developing the software that will run GM’s next generation infotainment system. The Technical Software Program Manager is responsible for managing delivery of major Programs/Projects/Products, ensuring they are delivered on time and with quality.
The Technical Program Management function requires strong technical leaders who are highly organized and able to communicate effectively with both technical teams and senior leadership.
The Software Technical Program Manager (TPM) position is a leadership position within the GM software team that will be responsible for:
- Guiding a matrixed project execution team to deliver major Infotainment projects/programs for automotive
- Interacting and collaborating with many technical and non-technical teams cross-functionally both within General Motors, and externally
- Creating and maintaining project plans, issues and risk trackers
- Resolving escalated issues and roadblocks of a technical or organizational nature
- Ensuring proper program management processes are executed resulting in high quality project artifacts
- Ensuring all detailed requirements are captured, reviewed and approved per plan
- Ensuring all detailed timing milestones are captured and tracked with dependencies clearly identified and managed
- Tracking issues and risks and ensure they are addressed efficiently to ensure the timing is met
- Add value to the technical team through the facilitation and participation on issue resolution and technical discussions. Perform program functions to allow the technical teams to focus on the technical work
- Identify opportunities to eliminate inefficiencies and non-value added activities; then collaborate with teams to achieve those opportunities
- Manage and facilitate program meetings and working sessions
- 5+ years of experience in program management of software intensive technical projects with a successful project delivery record
- Deep experience in multiple domains critical to infotainment systems, e.g. short range and long range wireless communication, GPS, embedded software development, over the air software updates or configuration, in-vehicle hardware and software development and lifecycle, and/or wireless carrier integration
- Practical experience with requirements and test case development
- Strong experience interacting with business customers and managing expectations
- Proven experience in managing projects in a multi-stakeholder and cross-functional environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organization skills both personal and project oriented
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent Technical Degree
- Leadership / technical role in agile based software development
- Leading software development teams across multiple offices in multiple countries
- Background in software development
- Demonstrated program leadership of complex system solutions
- Management of software development teams
- Preferred: MBA or MS in a technical discipline
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.