General Motors Infotainment Product Quality/Reliability Engineer - ENG0032456 in Warren, Michigan
Engineer will work directly with electronics module supplier to:
- Test field failure part returns to confirm customer complaints.
- Confirm good root-cause and corrective actions are applied to prevent future failures.
- Audit supplier process control plans and PFMEA to ensure product reliability.
- Review field data to look for trends and issues.
- Initiate field actions to correct deficiencies (working in conjunction with GM Supplier Quality and Product Development).
- Completes acceptance testing.
- Develops warranty analysis.
- Performs new product follow-up and planning for reliability activities.
- Provides customer service; Provides technical assistance to production areas.
- Regular contact with others outside the work group.
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project.
- Coordinates input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions.
- Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Bachelors degrees: BSE, BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
- Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex.
- Problem solving and statistical analysis.
- Oral and written communication skills (clean, concise 5-Phase documentation).
- Knowledge of electrical product and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work. effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use computer software as it pertains to engineering preferred.
- Ability to build an effective and trusted relationship with the supplier.