General Motors Infotainment Hardware Architect - ENG0026544 in Warren, Michigan
GM is building an Infotainment Hardware team which is tasked with designing and integrating advanced technologies that provide leading edge performance and enhance the in-vehicle user experience. This team, together with the Hardware Architect, will define GM’s future capabilities and will collaborate both internally as well as externally with our Tier 1 suppliers. The Hardware Architect will lead the Infotainment design across multiple functional, supplier, timing and regional boundaries as well as including lessons learned into all future designs. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Infotainment Architect/Engineer with a strong drive for establishing GM Infotainment as the global leader in the industry.
Infotainment Hardware Architect:
Candidate must have 10+ years experience in atechnical role within Automotive Infotainment Industry. The leadership skills of this candidate will overcome any lack in direct authority to influence decisions across the organization. The candidate must be able to manage multiple technical initiatives across multiple program launch teams by providing technical guidance and leadership. Highly motivated, driven for product excellence candidates will be responsible for defining GM's future generation Infotainment architectures. Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Creates new architectural configurations subject to constraints of re-use, cost, timing and hardwarecapabilities.
• Defines new platform features and capabilities aligned with customer and key stakeholder’s future requirements.
• Identify system partitioning considerations including technical, sourcing strategy, advanced featurescompatibility.
• Design global system architectures covering multiple market needs with scalable designs.
• Delivering Audio and Infotainment architectures which meet business objectives while minimizing total cost.
• Creates and leads the technical presentation for quote responses, design reviews and internalmanagement reviews.
• Key component tradeoff analysis and selection
• Generate Cost assumptions based on subsystem proposals
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering Required, MSEE preferred
- Minimum of10 years of experience in within Automotive Infotainment.
- Broad hardware knowledge experience required.
- Highly prefer candidate to be a Hardware Architect in current role.
Candidates must demonstrate an industry leading domain knowledgebase in the following areas:
- In-car computing architecture
- Automotive audio and infotainment system design
- Connected vehicle wireless design
- Audio and Display signal processing
- Electronics manufacturing process and Design for manufacturing
- Automotive design verification testing including Environmental, EMC and Parametric Performance
- Analog and Digital radio systems
- Excellent Communication Skills
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities toqualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of anindividual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability,sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
Additionally, General Motors is committed to being anEqualEmployment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all jobseekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonableaccommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment,email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of thespecific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title andrequisition number of the position for which you are applying.