General Motors Infotainment Feature Domain Lead – HMI - ENG0032220 in Warren, Michigan
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experienced in all aspects of design and development of automotive electronic controllers (ECUs), especially of infotainment systems, their application and integration in vehicle design.
- Experienced with software and calibrations work and vehicle serial data communication using systems such as LAN, LIN, and/or MOST networks.
- Proactively interact with multiple-tier one suppliers, to coordinate software build releases.
- Define and document system-level issues between components of the subsystem.
- Interact with suppliers to resolve system issues.
- Review test logs to determine where subsystem issues reside.
- Coordinate system software releases to other development groups within the company.
- Run integration meetings, create minutes, create and track action-item lists.
- Travel as needed to support suppliers.
- Troubleshoot Captured Test Fleet issues.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- 3-5 years experience in job-related area
- Experience with automotive electrical systems and functional sub-systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners and meet mutual goals.
- Specific knowledge of engineering disciplines (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems) within job-related area.
- High-level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
Candidate should have one of the following engineering degrees:
BSE, BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Metallurgical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering,
- Experience with common electrical test equipment (meter, scopes, etc.)
- Experience with the GMLAN serial data communication protocol.
- Knowledgeable of MOST, LAN, and LIN.
- Experience with common serial data test equipment (CAT, SCAT, NeoVI, SDATT, DiComPhySys, DPS Tool, etc.).
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to Audio Systems.