General Motors Entry Level - Safety & Industrial Hygiene - MAN0019619 in Warren, Michigan
General Purpose of Position:
Work involves assisting in the management of Safety & Industrial Hygiene processes related to manufacturing, engineering and non-manufacturing operations. Applies diversified knowledge of Safety & Industrial Hygiene principles and practices to produce and/or coordinate the operations Safety processes.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute Safety & Industrial Hygiene projects related to manufacturing, engineering and non-manufacturing activities.
- Analyze safety problems assigned.
- Review UAW-GM Health & Safety requirements.
- Assists in reducing and eliminating safety hazards
- Assists in Investigating accidents and/or injuries; conducts safety audit, surveys, and inspections to verify compliance levels
- Assists and drafts programs as directed to reduce job related injuries
- Meets with local union representative and assists in resolution of safety matters
- Assists in the design and administration of plant safety rules and instructions
- Reviews new equipment and methods for potential hazards
- Analyzes safety statistics and develops recommendations
- Provide Safety & Industrial Hygiene support to the organization (i.e.: attend related meetings, participate in safety committees)
- Assists other safety professionals as required
- Creates reports and presentations as directed
- Preferred academic majors- Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management or Engineering Sciences (EE, ME or Chemical)
- Minimum GPA of 2.8. Demonstrated ability in area of study.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to energize and influence at the leadership level
- Proven ability to build trust and respect at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set and execute to work plans
- Solid analytical, organizational, prioritization and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Proficient in MS Windows, Office and related software programs
Locations: Assignment may be at the GMNA Safety Headquarters in Warren, MI or any plant within the U.S. Sample plant locations include:
Spring Hill, TN
Western New York (Tonawanda, Lockport, Rochester)
Relocation: Must be willing to relocate for assignment.
Some travel may be required.
Must have own transportation.
Must have the right to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.