General Motors DRE - Vehicle Feature/Function - ENG0031158 in Warren, Michigan
The Design Responsible Engineer (DRE) – Feature / function / serial data is responsible to determine the serial data messaging strategy for the connectivity module and lead changes required to ensure feature / function compatibility with other vehicle components. The DRE will be responsible to maintain or improve the integration and functionality of the module as we move to a new electrical architecture in the near future.The DRE will ensure that the implementation of the requirements are properly documented in the GM system.
- Owns the development and execution of the new features by ensuring the necessary signals are made available or are created in agreement with other users or providers of the required data.
- Leads the RAD team for CRs (change requests) to verify proper requirements are documented completely, functionality, defaults identified, diagnostic actions are completed.
- Leads issue identification and resolution for features.
- Support testing by 3rdparty companies to ensure design is robust.
- Verifies and leads vehicle level test procedures and development programs to evaluate adequate measures are included in the module.
- Defines compromises and features desired but not implemented are reviewed for ability to support in the new electrical architecture.
- Leads the specification movement from current architecture to new architecture.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and technical direction to other module owners who assist with executing test and development programs, and with issue tracking, root cause identification, and corrective action assessments.
- Develops and implements engineering changes
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of automotive electrical/electronics/software engineering experience
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle serial data communications (CAN, GMLAN, LIN, ETHERNET)
- In-depth knowledge of requirements engineering process (FMEA, DFSS)
- In-depth knowledge of verification and validation process (component, bench, vehicle level)
- Understanding of hardware design and failure modes
- Understanding of vehicle safety requirements (e.g., FMVSS, etc.)
- Results driven individual with high levels of initiative and proactivity
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with Global business partners to meet mutual goals
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area
- Demonstrates creativity and initiative as well as a high level of independent judgment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
· 2+ years experience working with current automotive component solutions.
·Experience with DOORs (specification tool)
Education and Training
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in one of the following disciplines:Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Aeronautical Engineering.Advanced degrees preferred.