General Motors DRE - Fail Operational Power Module for Autonomous Driving - VEH0003065 in Warren, Michigan
This is an opportunity in a high growth area of ASIL-rated primary and secondary power solutions that is a key enabler of many advanced features including Autonomous Driving and bi-wire systems.Seeking highly motivated candidates that possess creativity and initiative as well as a high level of independent judgment.Candidate will be responsible for the following tasks related to the design and release of the Fail Operational Power Module (FOPM):
- Technical projectmanagement of FOPM.
- Managing supplier timing;running PDT meetings; issue investigation and resolution; ensuring part and/orsoftware deliveries to benches, vehicles, and assembly plants; etc.
- Develop and maintaincommodity specific documentation
- Document, coordinate, andimplement design changes
- Develop and MaintainGlobal subsystem/component technical specifications templates. (SSTS/CTS)
- Create and maintainInterface Control Design (ICD) strategy and ICD templates
- Responsible fordevelopment, execution and evaluation of designs (including subsystems),analysis, development & testing related to Fail Operational Power Systems
- Participate in rootcausing and resolution of field issues related to FOPM and recommendappropriate course of actions
- "Close theLoop" on learnings by updating required information (Best Practices, GMSpecifications, SOR Template, etc.) and document progress in Problem ResolutionTracking System.
- Review all In-processElectrical test plans
- Work with the Purchasingorganization to assess supplier capabilities in the area of responsibility
- Support the developmentof future strategy and roadmaps for Fail Operational Power, as appropriate
- Support the generation,development, implementation and evaluation of new Fail Operational Powersystems as appropriate
- Stay abreast of advancesin the Fail Operational Power technologies and competitive products to achievelow cost, efficient systems
- Maintain state of the artknowledge in the areas of Fail Operational Power, Energy Storage Systems, and methodsfor electromagnetic, thermal and durability analysis and testing of ElectricPower systems
- Travel as required
Thisposition requires the ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regularbasis.
Thepolicy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants andemployees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color,sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genderidentity/expression or veteran status.
Additionally, General Motors is committed to being anEqualEmployment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all jobseekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonableaccommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment,email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of thespecific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title andrequisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Basic required Qualifications
- BSEE required, MSEE preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, required
Product Engineering Experience:
- 5+ years automotive experience
- Design Release Engineering experience with automotive components
- High level understanding of Automotive Safety Integrity Levels and their application to 12V power system design and integration
- High level of competence in writing and comprehending software requirements
- Knowledge of vehicle serial data communications (CAN and LIN) and electrical architectures (Common Architecture, Global A, and Global B)
- Good knowledge of product design and development cycles – GVDP (Global Vehicle Development Process)
- High level knowledge of automotive sub-systems requiring ASIL rated Power
- Ability to read system engineering schematics and understand electronic / electrical functionality
- Experience in troubleshooting software anomalies using software development tools (including data capture and analysis).
- Knowledge of microcontroller architectures, memory technologies, and programming
- Working knowledge of automotive component and system level test plans, including EMC testing.
- High level understanding of hardware and software design and failure modes in electronic modules
- Experienced in performing system, sub-system, software, and component level DFMEAs
- Experience in the automotive product release and specification process e.g., E2, APM, GART, DOORS, RTC, Synergy
Additional Basic Required Qualifications
- Ability to work independently and learn new technology areas without formal instruction
- In-depth knowledge of electrical circuit design and operating principles and performance characteristics of high power switching devices and energy density capacitors for automotive applications
- Results driven individual with high levels of initiative and proactivity
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Communicate ideas, plans, and results effectively via presentations and written reports
- Work effectively with peers, management, operations groups, personnel, and outside organizations
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
Additional Basic Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge and integration experience in various types of energy storage devices, ASIL rated power, back-up power supplies
- Knowledge of regen systems, power generation, voltage regulation and Electric Power Management
- Experience in performing system and component level DFMEAs
- Knowledge of design for manufacturability and low-cost manufacturing of electrical devices