General Motors Design Release Engineer - Antenna - ENG0031354 in Warren, Michigan
Telematics is among the fastest growing technologies in the global auto industry. Companies that can innovate and launch the most intelligent solutions are likely to cause disruption within the industry. Become a part of this cutting edge field! We are looking for creative and intelligent team members who want to shape the future.
The chosen candidate will become part of a fast-moving team, and will be responsible for leading antenna development which encompasses: AM/FM, GPS, Cell phone and Satellite antennas. Although the actual antenna design itself is done mostly by the supplier, the Antenna Engineer will participate in requirement definition and overlooking the design to ensure that it meets all the vehicle requirements and program timing.
The chosen candidate will work closely with the suppliers to resolve any issues that enable the design to meet all specifications. Also, the engineer will work with validation/test teams during the development cycle.
Salary and position level will be based on experience
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Create Antennas Requirements
- Integrate Antennas into vehicles
- Package antennas into vehicles
- Release antennas into production
- Lead product development team with suppliers to design, develop and launch antenna
- Integrate / manage all the new antenna requirements
- Provide technical direction on antenna reception issues.
- Participate in the Antennas testing to ensure that it meets the vehicle level requirements (reception).
- Participate in the Antennas PDT meetings
- Test field failed antennas and work with the suppliers to develop corrective action.
- Work jointly with R&D, Dev-Val and suppliers to create the antenna requirements (Vehicle to Vehicle Communication)
- Oversee vehicle level integration of antennas and coax cables
- Facilitate product development meetings with multiple component suppliers to manage design execution
- Manage supplier resident engineers and lead design release work across multiple programs
- Interact with suppliers and interfacing component teams to resolve Antenna and system issues
- Work with the Vehicle Teams to communicate program status as well as addressing the issues.
- Provide focal point for supplier interactions
- Provide escalation point for execution teams to remove roadblocks
- Maintain program timing plans
- Follow up on change requests
- Updating test vehicles with development parts.
- Troubleshoot Test Fleet issues and review test data to determine the source of issues
- Ride support and preparation
- Preparation of technical presentations
- Travel as needed to support program launches and issue resolution
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant engineering experience.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Understanding of antennas systems
- Understanding of Infotainment systems and subsystems.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of the Global Vehicle Development Process, including program milestone requirements and timing norms is a great plus.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- Specific knowledge of engineeringdiscipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems) within job-related area
- Candidate must have one of the following engineering degrees: BSE, BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Chemistry, Metallurgical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Aeronautical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Physics, Materials Engineering