General Motors Customer Literature Platform Support - ENG0032328 in Warren, Michigan
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
The Platform Support is the liaison between the Technical Writers and GM Engineering/Platform teams, serving as the platform subject matter expert. Primary responsibilities include providing direction on publication content, securing vehicles for validation, and interfacing with other activities to coordinate the owner manual process. Additionally, Platform Support tracks vehicle changes, coordinates the publication review process, and ensures adherence to the PSOI (Publication Standards for Owner Information). This position requires strong team building skills and the ability to work harmoniously and productively among a functionally diverse group.
- Serve as liaison between Technical Writers and GM Engineering/Platform Teams.
- Assist in providing platform research documentation to Technical Writers.
- Track future vehicle changes.
- Obtain and post product plan books.
- Manage all aspects of the Customer Literature Review Process.
- Organize/assist with vehicle validation walk-around reviews with the Aftersales Program Readiness Manager(s).
- Perform quality checks on all deliverables.
- Assist in obtaining access to prototype and non-saleable vehicles and components for validation purposes, as necessary.
- Serve as customer literature subject matter expert for assigned vehicle platforms.
- Assist in resolving issues and requests deviating from established Global Writing Style Guidelines and PSOI requirements.
- Assist in communicating Change Requests, Decision Notices, and EWOs to Technical Writers.
- Provide training on Customer Literature Review Sharepoint site and assist with questions.
- Assist with the creation of post-production documentation.
- Ensure that all deliverables are completed according to established Customer Literature production schedule.
- Proficient with use of MS Excel, MS Word and ArborText
- Automotive customer literature authoring experience (3-5 years minimum)
- Proficient with use of GSA
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills (3-5 years minimum)
- Strong level of interpersonal skills to work effectively and harmoniously with others
- Ability to clearly communicate complex subject matter
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to work in a production-based environment with adherence to delivery schedule timing
- Ability to work comfortably within a dynamic business environment
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Proficient with use of Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Working knowledge of CR/DN database
Education and Training
- 4-year degree in related discipline or equivalent experience