General Motors Cost Engineer - Product Program Cost Optimization (PPCO) - Finance - FIN0007855 in Warren, Michigan
We are seeking individuals to be part of the next generation of industry-leading Cost Engineers.
Cost Engineers are responsible to create, analyze and validate component piece cost and targets. The Candidate will collaborate with cross-functional organizations and define the cost methodology to assess a component’s material and vendor tooling cost. The Candidate will work closely under the guidance of the Lead Cost Engineer and can experience significant career growth.
This role involves a high level of independent judgement, initiative and creativity with focus on developing and articulating cost models. There is exposure to the future designs of automotive transportation and leading edge automotive technologies.
- Responsible to estimate material and tooling cost throughout engineering development process
- Collaborate globally to comprehend manufacturing differences in all countries
- Provide data to support GM’s purchasing team for the purpose of supplier negotiations
- Actively pursue avenues to reduce costs to meet budgets
- Occasional domestic and international travel to supplier facilities for enhanced costing collaboration
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an EqualEmployment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
BS Engineering, or Bachelor with related technical experience
- Capability to learn cost model techniques
- Ability to comprehend 3D component data
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Analytical ability where problems are unusual or difficult
- Knowledge of engineering development process and automotive components
- Demonstrated ability in use of Microsoft Office software
- 1-2 years of automotive and manufacturing experience
Knowledge of automotive components
Experience with any of the following:
Plastic or Injection Molding
- Journeyman status in related skilled trade
- Automotive Subsystem and Component Assembly
- Electronic Modules
- Automotive Wiring
- Tube bending
- Glass Manufacturing
- Chassis Components