General Motors Connector Design and Release Engineer - ENG0032636 in Warren, Michigan
Electrical Design and Release Engineer – Connector Systems
At General Motors, we’re building on our momentum and we’re changing the way we do things. We’re recruiting more talent from the nation’s top universities and Fortune 100 companies. We translate breakthrough technologies into vehicles and experiences that people love.
We are seeking experienced, motivated engineers to support the next generation of industry-leading Power and Signal Distribution Systems. We’re committed to enhancing the product – with new features, new materials, and new technologies. To do this, we need forward-looking, innovative engineers who can help shape the future of automotive connection systems.
In short, we’re currently seeking the next generation of game-changers to usher in a new era of automotive innovation. Are you ready to rise to the challenge? Learn more a bout the Connectors - Design Engineer Role
The Connector DRE is an integral position where a unique combination of mechanical and electrical skills combine to develop and release a product to distribute power and signal throughout the vehicle. You will interact with many different areas of a program that will encompass a rewarding experience to gain extensive working knowledge of vehicle architecture and electrical components in addition to electrical component validation.
The GM Power and Signal Distribution System Team offers opportunities across a spectrum of engineering experience. In this position you will design, release and innovate current and new connectors and assure quality and cost objectives are being met.
The ideal candidate is one who desires to build their technical depth as an engineer within an automotive mechanical electrical component.
This candidate possesses exemplary communication, project management skills, and is a passionate, hard-working person who enjoys taking on
challenges and following through with robust solutions.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Technology - with subsequent experience, Math, Physics)
- 3 to 5 or more years of experience (DRE) with generating and executing technical solutions for connectors, electrical/mechanical components to support new vehicle programs
- Experience leading projects and providing technical leadership for advanced component or technology development
- Performing complex design analysis and evaluating engineering designs
- Working cross-functionally to implement cost reduction, methods and product improvements, and to support prototype and production build activities
- Balancing business imperatives, including but not limited to cost, mass, complexity, and timing
- Production design release connectors or electro mechanical components.
- Communicating information to and from internal and external customer organizations
- Staying abreast of relevant new technology and competitive product
- Familiarity with the engineering design Connectors or equivalent experience (Sealing, Trim, Switches).
- Familiarity with Design For Six Sigma process (DFSS)
- Experience with DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) and GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance)
- Knowledge of plastic and metal materials, processes, and tooling (Stamping Die, Injection Molded)
- Establish component design requirements
- Establish packaging requirements and execute
- Master’s Degree or other Advanced Degree
- Injection Molded Plastic Design
- Additional grommet, channel design