General Motors Cloud Administrator - INF0018099 in Warren, Michigan
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Warren, Michigan or Austin, Texas
About the General Motors Information Technology (GMIT) Cloud Platform Services Team:
The position available is within General Motors Information Technology (GMIT) Cloud Platform Services team. The department serves the GM’s Enterprise Datacenters, Manufacturing Plants and Caching Centers across the globe. This role will be primarily responsible for the administration, implementation and support of the cloud environment. The position requires the ability to quickly understandGMIT processes and help to identify and develop new process and services where gaps exist. This position will coordinate activities with fellow engineering, architecture and operations teams as needed.
About the role:
- Support and enhance GM business-critical PaaS/IaaS environments
- Install, configure, integrate, deploy, upgrade, and manage web infrastructure, including but not limited to the following environments: VMWare, WAMP/LAMP, Cloud Foundry, and containers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues for managed software and aid in application integration for PaaS solutions running on VMWareand/or Microsoft
- Identify opportunities and create scripts for automating deployments and recurring tasks
- Act as a liaison with solution providers on technical issues and updates
- Create and document technical processes for use by L1&L2 support teams
- Interact and communicate with all levels of an organization including different solution delivery verticals
Minimum Required Skills/Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the following:
- Experience with Automation Tools (Chef/Puppet)
- Hands on experience with container orchestrators such as Kubernetes, or Docker Swarm
- Hands on experience in configuration, change control, and source control(preferable GIT) for configuration scripts and settings
- Experience with log management software i.e. VMWare Log Insight.
- Experience with vRealize Orchestrator or BOSH
- Experience with various virtualization technologies including VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry,Red Hat Openshiftor BOSH experience
- Understanding of a Global Traffic Manager and Load Balancers
- Understanding of Firewalls and GM Security Zones
- Understanding of security related concepts/concerns within a full stack web application
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.