General Motors CAE ENGINEER - Battery Electrical - POW0005690 in Warren, Michigan
- The primary role of this electrical engineering position is to plan and conduct various electrical and electro-thermal analysis to direct the development of battery electrical components, module and pack design.
- Provide results and technical consultation to battery DRE and system engineers and collaborate with broader engineering team forelectrical systemdesign integration, new proposals, problem solving, and system optimization.
- Deliver design solutions which are robust and reliable utilizing optimization and statistical methods.
- Develop battery concepts for early vehicle synthesis.
- Provide requirements for improvements to advanced simulation and validation techniques
- Effectively communicate his/her findings to internal/external customers using appropriate media.
Position based in General Motor’s Warren Technical Center and will work with GM’s Global Battery Systems Lab. The lab is a state of the art facility operates 24/7, covers 85,000 square-feet on the Warren Tech Center campus, and has capabilities to test 112 battery packs and 120 battery cells at a time. The General Motors Technical Center has been named a National Historic Landmark by the United States Department of the Interior and the National Park Service. The campus opened in 1956 and houses the GM vehicle engineering center, design center, research and manufacturing engineering. It is the workplace of over 18,000 employees on a 1.1 square-mile campus.
- MS or PhD in ElectricalEngineeringor equivalent experience.
- Related work experience should include 2+ years analyzing and ideally designing equipment in some of the areas described previously.
- Minimum 5 yrs. of engineering experience
- Experience in analysis of high voltage systems and/or battery systems with electrified vehicles (BEV, EREV, PHEV, HEV, BAS).
- Knowledge of Synopsys Saber Product, and competitive EDA tool products (MatLab, SimuLink,..etc.), and product knowledge in any areas of Synthesis, Verification.
- Good understanding of electrical systems, controls and component development / validation. +
High-level Functional Models & Product Validation,GUI development, Proficient with C/C++, Unix, HDL (Verilog/VHDL), AIM language (Tcl/Tk scripting language), and a strong understanding of CAE\CAD engineering. + Experience in designing, and implementing GUI (Graphical User Interface) as well as core software for technical applicationswith schematic interfaces. + Experience in designing and developing user interface software with a core focus on numerical simulation with 3-5 years of experience in numerical software development. + Familiarity with electrical system failure field simulation + Knowledge of Li battery cell modeling and simulation, electrochemical cell energy is a plus. + Demonstrated problem solving skills; ability to create programming solutions to GUI problems.And acquire good knowledge and experience with Object-Oriented Design and Programming. + Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills + Experience with development CAE/CAD tools + Strong written and interpersonal communications skills. + Ability to complete high quality work on schedule. + Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is important + Commitment towards benchmarking their own skills and striving to be world class + Passion for Automotive Electrification
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.