General Motors Autonomous Vehicle Notification & Display System Engineer - ENG0031716 in Warren, Michigan
About Autonomous/Infotainment/Telematics Systems Engineering
The broader Systems Engineering and Architecture organization at GM allows us to combine advancements in wireless connectivity and the power of OnStar, with new innovations in Autonomous Driving, Infotainment and Telematics to engineer autonomous driving connected car. Every member of the System Engineering & Architecture team contributes to a thriving environment of professionals committed to identifying and building the systems, applications and architecture that allow us to innovate new concepts towards autonomous driving vehicles, user experience that enables mobile lifestyle driven by technology, add new features, increase fuel economy, decrease vehicle maintenance costs, and provide even more customization options to GM owners.
About the role:
This System Engineer plays a critical role in the Connectivity & Commerce team defining the requirements for Autonomous Vehicle Notification and Display system specifications and DFMEA. The major focus of the system engineer is to orchestrate between cross functional organizations such as business leads, vehicle electrical architecture leads towards creating a successful development of requirement specification and system definition.
- Define the technical requirement and solutions based on best practices
- Works closely with feature owner, security experts and system architects in this domain
- Support Cross functional System Development Teams
- Researches and applies new solutions, partnerships and emerging technologies to system design
- Performs feasibility analysis, alternate solution identification and evaluations when needed
- As needed, creates Proof of Concepts, System Context Diagrams and Data Flow Diagrams.
- System Architecture Block diagrams/Interfaces, Call flow/Sequence Diagram creation as necessary
- Develops and review System DFMEA/Fault Tree Analysis
- Participates in documentation and refinement of business requirements to ensure alignment with technically viable system designs
- Ensure that designed or reviewed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as performance, scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security across multiple domain areas
- Support Field Assessments, Test result Assessment/Resolution to open system items.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in industry with 3-5 years of architectural and/or system design experience
- Ability to review, contribute to and lead the definition of functional and non-functional business requirements and translate these into clearly articulated system and architectural requirements
- Ability to create system level diagrams and related technical documentation
- Working knowledge preferred in following domains: alert management, chime management, display form and behavior, remote reprogramming, navigation, audio, telematics, web development, embedded software knowledge, internet protocols, in-vehicle networking protocols such as Ethernet, CAN and MOST, USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Cellular, speech recognition, security protocols, and HMI design.
- Generate display technical solutions for current and new and vehicle programs
- Provides technical leadership for advanced technology development
- Performs complex design analysis
- Develops engineering designs (including subsystems)
- Support implementation of engineering changes
- Support Design/Release team for production
- Communicates, coordinates, and consults with engineering departments and customers
- Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products
- Experience with designing and/or specifying human-machine interaction (HMI)
- Experience in Systems Engineering and/or Systems Validation principles and practice