General Motors Autonomous Chassis Structures & Suspensions Subsystem Validation Engineer - ENG0032528 in Warren, Michigan
- Chassis Structures & Suspensions Validation includes but not limited to the following components: Frames, cradles, cross members, control arms, suspension links, springs, struts, shocks, yokes, stabilizer bars, isolators, trailer hitches, Tires, Wheels, Tools.
- Develop, monitor and confirm completion of AVDP&R Plans and test schedules
- Support Quality Processes
- Capture and Submit Lessons Learned
- Support ADV process to reduce Hardware and to realize RLM (Road- Lab-Math) strategy
- Manage Export validation activities in foreign countries with local partners
- Support Vehicle Validation
- Coordinate work with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Participate in Problem Solving Teams
- Participate in DFMEA work groups
- Create and Manage Vehicle and/or Commodity ADV Sub plans
- Review Program/Process Results with program team/leadership as required and at program milestones
- Analyzes and interprets resulting data from tests (determines data anomalies)
- Maintains frequent communication with customers
- Frequent contact with others outside of work group
- Create MVSS documentation as required
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- BS in Engineering with 3+ years related work experience, or equivalent work experience required
- Basic automotive knowledge, basic engineering principals
- Basic computer skills, Microsoft office software
- Test or validation experience
- Driveline Design or Release experience
- Automotive chassis experience - design, development, test and/or validation.
- Automotive supplier experience, Contract Engineer experience, Test Engineer Experience
- Familiar with CAE
- Familiar with Manufacturing processes
- Experience working with automotive suppliers or external organizations
- Knowledge of GM organization structure (who does what), GM validation process, basic GM design process, Vehicle Physical Partition Structure
- Ability to work in PQMS, PRTS, Vis Mock up, E-squared, GSTS
- DFSS Green Belt
- Advance Degree in Technical field.