General Motors Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning researcher on Autonomous Vehicles - RES0000778 in Warren, Michigan
Automated Driving is a major growth area in the automotive industry. General Motors Global Research and Development offers exciting opportunity for talented and motivated researchers and engineers in this area.We are looking for individual contributors who are capable of driving design solutions and prototyping advanced artificial intelligence/machine learning techniques to stretch the capability of GM autonomous vehicle research and development programs.
They will conduct research and development to identify new AI / ML technology paradigms for future GM vehicles, develop prototype software on GM test vehicles for state-of-the-art supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement machine learning techniques. They will contribute to GM autonomous vehicle technology strategy and produce innovative AI / ML solutions for autonomous vehicle perception, planning and behavior decision making modules. Our high-level AI / ML landscape includes:
- Deep neural networks
- Agent-based modeling / Symbolic artificial intelligence
- Deep reinforcement learning
- Hybrid-systems with heuristic and AI/ML models and shared autonomy
- End-to-end systems
- Application of AI / ML for autonomous vehicle perception, planning and behavior systems
- Work as an independent yet integral member of a team to develop innovative and creative AI / ML solutions for highly automated vehicleswith world leading experts of autonomous vehicles.
- Develop and maintain high quality C/C++ and Python code under Linux for general purpose PCs and embedded hardware platforms. Test and debug software on autonomous research vehicle prototypes.
- Plan and execute complex and challenging technical projects.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and consistently demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and with cross-functional global teams.
- Maintain state-of-the-art technical expertise in artificial intelligence, machine learning and software programming. Generate intellectual property.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- PhD with 2+ years or MS with 5+ years of experience in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics.
- Expert-level knowledge in learning algorithms such as inverse reinforcement learning, deep reinforcement learning and probabilistic inference for decision support systems.
- Knowledge and hands-on expertise in deep neural network topologies such as convolutional nets, recurrent nets, RBMs,causal reasoning, probabilistic programming.
- Strong software development skills in C/C++ under Linux environments with a proven ability to deliver high quality software coding on time.
- Mathematically minded with experience in manipulating high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends with machine learning techniques.
- Develop requirements and evaluation methods for artificial intelligence technologies and benchmark vendor technologies.
- Experience in algorithm development, prototype system development and prototype software implementation on hardware platforms.
- Effective verbal/written communication along with strong interpersonal skills. Team player.
- Education background in mobile robotics / autonomous vehicles with knowledge in enviornmental perception, 3D modelling, route planning, path planning, trajectory planning and motion planning.
- Experience in autonomous vehicle prototype system development, integration and testing.
- Modeling data abstractions employing multiple non-linear mathematical and statistical modeling approaches
Hands-on development experience in one or more of the following areas:
GPU programming, NVidia CUDA
- OpenCL, Matlab, Python, OpenCV
- Caffe, CNTK, TensorFlow frameworks or any symbolic AI-based high-level languages / virtual machines