General Motors Active Safety Braking / Steering System Integration Engineer - ENG0031889 in Warren, Michigan
General Purpose of Position
The System Integration Engineer (SIE) acts as the single point owner to implement integrated feature technologies that ingest processes from across a multitude of vehicle systems. The SIE is the strongest customer facing voice for safety and system performance acting within timing as defined by a specific vehicle program. The SIE will understand the intricacies of vehicle systems within a domain in order to manage feature implementation and provide optimized solutions early in the development process through start of production.
This SIE position is within the Active Safety Systems area with focus on system integration for autonomous braking and steering related to Active Safety and Autonomous Driving features.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Communicate intended feature operation and expected system performance for a given set of features selected for a vehicle program.
- Verify feature selection compatibility to advanced part lists during the early vehicle design phase.
- Identify hazards and provide regulatory assessments for the related domain.
- Define Interface Control Documents (ICD) and assure ICD compliance.
- Provide technical guidance and application lessons learned to Feature Owners and System Engineers.
- Support Feature Owner/ System Engineer requirements development, as necessary.
- Manage feature implementation, including managing virtual reviews, design reviews, peer reviews, and management reviews with appropriate engineering teams and including the Feature Owner and System Engineer.
- Assess feature performance, as required, in order to support implementation.
- Provide support for program issue identification, resolution, and tracking (PRTS, ESIMS, etc.) related to domain features and systems.
- Provide support to development and validation teams, as required.
- Work with Feature Owner and Systems Engineers in multiple domains.
- Act as the primary contact between Systems Engineering and the program team to support robust execution and performance of Features.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, technologies, and best practices.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Experience with and/or strong interest in relevant technologies including camera based vehicle viewing, video, video recording and/or exterior lighting, defrost-defog systems, automotive wiper and washer systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues, status and recommendations to senior management.
- High level of oral and written communication skill.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others.
- Strong understanding of major automotive subsystems.
- Demonstrated excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and the most complex projects and assignments with the highest level of autonomy and accountability for results.
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others.
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
- Candidate should have one of the following engineering degrees: BSE, BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Preferred), Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Chemistry, Metallurgical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Aeronautical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Physics, Materials Engineering, Systems Engineering
- Master's Degree in Engineering (Preferred)
- Experience with the development of automotive subsystems, and/or components(Highly Preferred)
- Design for Six Sigma experience (Green Belt Certification) (Preferred)
•Dealing with Ambiguity
•Functional / Technical Skills
•Drive for Results