Siemens Information Developer Advanced in Waltham, Massachusetts
Information Developer Advanced
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 201306
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Information Developer Advanced
Siemens is actively seeking an Information Developer / Instructional Designer to work at the Waltham, MA location. In this role, the candidate will assist in the development and delivery of product training materials for the company’s software products including Fibersim, Syncrofit, and Mastertrim.
• Work with a Senior Instructional Designer to define and schedule deliverables related to Instructor-led course development.
• Maintain and update current training material for Instructor-led courses using an XML-based internally developed toolset.
• Test the training material for technical accuracy.
• Create support material/media for instructors including lecture notes and PowerPoint presentations.
• Maintain a list of exercises and descriptions.
• Develop eLearning courses based on a given storyboard using Captivate.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Ability to learn new technology and products quickly.
• Good eye for details both aesthetically and technically.
• Good organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Master’s degree in Instructional Design or a minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field.
• Working knowledge of any CAD system (CATIA, NX, Creo, Autodesk).
• Basic understanding of XML.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .