CB&I QA Technician (Reviewer) in Walker, Louisiana
Title: QA Technician (Reviewer)
Location: United States-Louisiana-Walker
CB&I Fabrication Services group is searching for a QA Tech in its Walker, LA. The QA Tech performs inspections and sets quality assurance testing models for analysis of raw materials, materials in process, and finished products.
- Performs inspections and sets quality assurance testing models for analysis of raw materials, materials in process, and finished products
- Inspects and tests product throughout stages of production or project
- Assures that work and materials meet establishment and regulatory standards using conventional and electronic test equipment and machines
- Records results of individual observations and tests
- Observes assembly and quality assurance process to trace cause of production defects, and confers with production and quality assurance workers and supervisors, and engineering personnel to resolve problems
- Attends meetings to obtain and discuss report of production defects observed and recorded by quality audit personnel
- May work as member of quality assurance group (team) and be assigned different work stations as monitoring needs require
- Works on straightforward tasks using established procedures; work is subject to review by others
- Depends on others for instruction, guidance and direction
- Develops knowledge and skills in basic practices and procedures within own area
- Applies basic technical skills and knowledge to complete assigned work
- Responds to standard requests from internal or external customers
- Solves routine problems by following defined procedures
- Manages own time to meet deadlines set by others
- Works with others as part of a team
- Must be able to multitask and perform efficiently in a fast pace environment
- Must be able to work overtime when work load requires
- Basic math skills required
- Typically is vocationally qualified with limited work experience
- Weld Logging experience
- Knowledge of pipe fabrication drawings
- Including but not limited to distinguishing welds such as Girth, Branch, Etc.
- Logging NDE percentages requirements for X- Ray, MT, Etc.
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Quality
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: Dec 1, 2016, 5:33:25 PM
Requisition ID: 1618043