Leidos Electrical Engineer in VISTA, California
Leidos is seeking an Electrical Engineer to work for the Security and Transportation Technology (STT) Group in Vista, CA.
The STT Group designs and manufactures highly complex security equipment for use at border crossings, airports, seaports, and other transportation mechanisms. Our products include radiation detectors and spectrometers, X-ray and gamma ray scanners for cars, trucks and trains, and CT explosives detection equipment for airline passenger baggage.
• Work as part of a cross-functional engineering team with Scientists, Mechanical and Software Engineers to develop next-generation X-ray based security equipment.
• Design micro-controller and PLC-based machine control systems, including circuit design, embedded programming, motion control, and power distribution.
• Develop X-ray detector data acquisition systems for R&D and production equipment.
• Produce Engineering documentation such as design specifications, interface control documents, schematics, wiring diagrams, and bills of material.
• Typically, we have no more than 2-3 Electrical Engineers working on any single project, and for most smaller projects the Engineer will work on their own to develop solutions, present concepts and designs in a review, and finish the implementation.
• Bachelor of Science degree from accredited university/college in Electrical Engineering or similar engineering field (Masters degree preferred)
• 8 years of professional engineering experience
• Able to see a design through from R&D to production, including writing specifications (system, subsystem, ICD’s, etc.), developing design documentation, building prototypes, designing for production, and troubleshooting problems.
• Proficient in digital and/or analog circuit design
• Familiar with schematic capture tools for circuit board design (OrCAD preferred)
• Knowledge of programming languages such as C, VHDL, IEC61131
• Experience with electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMMs
• Familiar with a product development process including design specifications, design reviews, Engineering drawings and documentation formats, and ECR processes
• Comfortable working with and around X-ray radiation producing machines, radioactive materials, high voltage, heavy machinery, electric and hydraulic power systems.
• Able to effectively work with a cross-functional team of scientists, engineers, and technicians, as well as handle a wide range of multidisciplinary tasks.
• Knowledge of radiation detection technologies and data acquisition systems
• Knowledge of X-ray producing machinery
• Experience developing system architectures and designs for complex systems
• Ability to obtain a SECRET clearance, access SSI (U.S. Citizenship required)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.