McKesson Territory Vice President Sales in United States
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Enterprise Information Solutions provides hospitals and health systems with comprehensive electronic health record solutions, expert consulting and world-class infrastructure and hosting services to enable them to succeed under health reform and beyond. Our portfolio includes our highly rated Paragon®hospital information system, plus proven solutions for revenue cycle management, supply chain management, document management, intelligent coding, laboratory, surgeryand managed servicesto help maximize the total value of information technology.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Enterprise Information Solutionsyou act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The position of Territory Vice President, Strategic Sourcing Sales, has recently become available in the Eastern Region. This management position will lead the sale and delivery of McKesson Technology Solutions Strategic Sourcing software, hardware and services into the western region.
· Handles all employee relation issues, including hiring and training of all professionals reporting to him/her.
· Manages the performance and development of all Strategic Sourcing Solution Sales Executives within the region
· Manages all sales and delivery activity across territory, ensuring well balanced sales activity to ensure achievement of sales plan and on time delivery and execution of program roadmap.
· Manages professionals in all aspects of account planning, sales process execution and coordination, and delivery of throughout the region.
· Coordinates communication and activity with business units and marketing
· Mentor account team members to continually improve teamwork and coordination
of the sales and account representatives within defined territory.
· Assist sales team in qualifying prospects, coordinating demos and site visits and effectively managing the sale to the customer.
· Facilitate resolution of major sales objections and customer escalations presented by customers to sales representatives.
· Present credible experience/solutions to the key decision makers.
· Advise Sales Executives in arranging multiple sales cycles and sales events.
· Ensure contract negotiations are coordinated appropriately.
· Perform accurate and timely reporting as defined.
· Coach/Mentor team members for professional development.
· Manage to assigned expense and quota budgets.
Remote/Telecommuter position. Must live in a major metro area in the Eastern U.S. and be willing to do extensive overnight travel.
· 50-75% travel required.
4+ years sales experience with 2+ years sales management experience
7+ years successful healthcare sales and sales management experience with emphasis on solution and services sales
· 5+ years of successful healthcare informatics related operations and/or management experience with a vendor or healthcare provider
· Knowledge of healthcare trends, industry standards and successful strategies for hospital sales
· Ability to demonstrate consistent closing techniques throughout the sales cycle
· Knowledge of sales territory management and account planning skills
· Strong conflict management and customer service skills
· Proficient at executing when experiencing multiple competing priorities
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· The ability to build relationships across the organization and collaborate to accomplish goals
· Executive-level presentation skills
· General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Working knowledge of healthcare information systems and knowledge of MTS products and services preferred
4-year degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.Category: Sales/Client Management