NYC Health Hospitals Staff Nurse - OR, 00017329 in United States
Elmhurst Hospital Center (EHC) is the major tertiary care provider in the borough of Queens. The hospital is comprised of 545 beds and is a Level I Trauma Center, an Emergency Heart Care Station and a 911 Receiving Hospital. It is the premiere health care organization for key areas such as Surgery, Cardiology, Women's Health, Pediatrics, Rehabilitation Medicine, Renal and Mental Health Services.
Under supervision, provides professional nursing care to patients/clients within an assigned unit. Diagnoses and treats responses to actual or potential health problems by means of nursing methods and techniques such as case-finding, health teaching, health counseling and the provision of care supportive to and restorative of life and well-being.
Examples of Typical Tasks
- Identifies and discriminates between physical and psycho-social signs and symptoms. Selects and performs those therapeutic measures which are essential for effective execution of the nursing regimen for assigned patients/clients.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the nursing regimen for assigned patients/clients.
- Records and maintains nursing care plans and progress notes on patients/clients to ensure continuity of care.
- Interprets and reports responses of patients/clients to appropriate members of the health team.
- Participates with other health team members to plan a comprehensive patient care program.
- Determines and assigns those components of the nursing regimen which may be carried out by allied nursing personnel.
- Provides teaching, guidance and direction to allied nursing personnel in rendering patient care.
- Participates in defining, implementing, maintaining and interpreting standards of nursing practice
- Participates in departmental and interdisciplinary conferences pertaining to policies and procedures affecting nursing practice.
- Participates in determining conditions, resources and policies essential to the delivery of nursing care services.
- Licensed and currently registered or otherwise duly authorized to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State; and,
- Demonstrated commitment to continued professional development.
EPIC experience preferred
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online at employment.nychhc.org.
Job Title: Staff Nurse - OR, 00017329
Job ID: 31294
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Regular Shift: N/A
Hire In Rate: $71,669.00 (for employees new to HHC)
Salary Range: $71,669.00
Pay Frequency: Year
Source of Funding: General Care
Civil Service Classification: Non Competitive
Post Date: 2016/11/28 - Open Until Filled