DAI SME Policy Advisors, Multiple framework contract with reopening of competition to provide economic analysis in support of SME policy in United States
Outline of the Programme:
The Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, acting under the powers delegated by the European Commission, is launching this invitation to tender to provide economic analysis in support of small and middle-sized enterprises' (SME) policy. The purpose of the framework contract is to provide at short notice services according to the needs of the Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs
Objectives of the role:
Undertake studies and analyses to assess the impact of policy measures on the competitiveness of European enterprises and industry sectors, and the extent to which the measures proposed are technically and economically feasible and the most cost effective.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proficient user level C2 (Common Reference Level) in English.
Specific Professional Experience:
Have proven expertise of at least three years in policy advice relating to SME policy for decision-makers and stakeholder audiences, in any of the following key areas:
- Entrepreneurship and SME policy measures aimed at promoting entrepreneurship and improving the business environment for SMEs;
- Trans-national and international co-operation and assistance to SMEs (technical support, training and other business and innovation services), via, in particular, the development of business and innovation network services in connection with innovating regions and clusters;
- Entrepreneurship and SME performance, enhancement of the performance of small enterprises and crafts with particular emphasis on certain categories of entrepreneurs and specific forms of enterprises, including social economy;
- Development of SME-friendly EU legislation;
- Implementation of the SBA for Europe in the framework of SME policy;
- The impact of the Single Market on SMEs, including in the areas of European standardisation and public procurement;
- Improvement of the financial environment for SMEs, including debt financing, venture capital and guarantees;
- Policy measures aiming at promoting the innovative use of ICTs and e-Business by SMEs;
- SMEs and large companies' contribution to competitiveness, employment and innovation;
- Analysis of the main SME business organisation at EU and national levels;
- Effects of regulation on SMEs and means to reduce administrative burdens and simplify regulation.
Length of the project: Short term missions.
*Start Date: *Early 2017
Application Deadline: 05/12/16
Job Code: 2888