Schlumberger Senior Well Engineer in United States
Senior Well Engineer
Location: United States
The Senior Well Engineer position has overall responsibility for well engineering on a project and requires both detailed and broad well engineering and operations knowledge including the ability to design wells for a wide range of well types and different rig operations. The Senior Well Engineer is typically expected to supervise and mentor more junior Well Engineers on a project and requires management skills in addition to technical competency.
Successful Position holders will need to provide a proven track record up to and including the position of a Senior Well Engineer
· Reviews and approves the Well Proposal and Basis of Design and follows the execution of programs technically
· Reviews and approves Well Programs and End-of-Well reports
· Reviews and approves well operations procedures e.g. Casing running and cementing
· Participates in selection and evaluation of service companies, suppliers, and equipment
· Ensures proper communication with relevant parties (client, segments, third parties, etc.)
· Participates in cost control of programs v/s AFE by analyzing solutions
· Assures Technical Integrity of Well Operations programs
· Reviews and approves project well control briefing
· Reviews new technology for possible application to project
· Uses InTouch for best practices, lessons learned and technical alerts
· Ensures best practices and lessons learned are transferred between all rigs on a project
· Approves invoices for service companies
· Deputize for Project Manager as required
In addition to the above, the successful candidate needs to demonstrate leadership in QHSE, Planning and Performance & Cost Monitoring.
The Senior Well Engineer should have experiences relevant to the nature of the project and typically at least 10 years Oilfield Drilling seniority in appropriate positions. He must have a valid Well Control certificate.
The successful candidate should be educated to a minimum of a Degree level in a relevant subject associated with the position.
Minimum 3 years’ experience as Senior Well Engineer in the Permian
Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
This posting provides an opportunity for those with significant relevant experience in a specialist area to submit their profile for consideration and does not correlate with a specific vacancy. Submitting your details will enable us to match you to future career opportunities. We hire only the best talent, so please read the qualifications section carefully before applying—we only consider candidates who meet these minimum criteria.