Revenue Solutions, Inc. Senior Technical Business Analyst in United States
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply (at the bottom of the page) and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Senior Technical Business Analyst
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit and energy it takes to be successful in a fast-paced, high-growth consulting company?
Revenue Solutions, Inc. (RSI) provides IT consulting services and software products to clients in the government revenue industry across the United States. We're experts at delivering and developing systems solutions that streamline tax administration and maximize revenue. Our clients in State and Local agencies rely on us to help them shorten and straighten the path to implementing new information technologies while reducing the risks and budgetary concerns often associated with these mission-critical projects. As a result of our success, RSI's business has continued to grow at a rapid rate.
Why work for RSI?
• Significant opportunities for personal and professional growth in a stimulating, challenging, and performance-oriented work culture
• Small company with a history of steady growth and profitability, a strong management team, great people, and many opportunities for advancement
• Career-enhancing work assignments on highly desirable and visible projects using the latest technologies including .NET, Java, and n-tier databases
• Ability to work with and learn from some of the best and brightest consultants and technologists in the industry
• Close-knit team environment with personalized career attention including a variety of training options and a formal mentoring program
• Full and competitive benefits package including a variety of bonus programs, 401(k), medical/dental/disability, and paid vacation and holidays
Please visit our website at www.RevenueSolutionsInc.com to learn more about our company, the services and products we provide, and the high levels of commitment we have towards both our customers and our employees.
*RSI is an equal opportunity employer*
We are growing our consulting practice nationwide and are looking for several experienced IT Business Analysts to join our team of project managers, business analysts and consultants installing and customizing RSI’s Revenue Premier® Enterprise Management products for State Revenue Agencies. All Revenue Premier® product offerings are built in an n-tier client-server environment using an ASP.NET/C# front end and a Java/J2EE back end on an Oracle or SQL Server database.
Leveraging your strong background as a business analyst, you will work with the client to gather and document system requirements, lead and/or participate in joint client design sessions, perform business process analyses, develop business process models, resolve design issues, assist with development efforts throughout the entire SDLC, and participate in training, documentation, and knowledge transfer activities.
Depending on the specific project needs and product solution, your specific responsibilities might include:
• Working with clients to develop and document system requirements and develop use cases
• Identifying, documenting, and implementing business rules requirements using a business rules engine
• Performing data extraction, report development and data analysis
• Creating system documentation
• Participating in system test activities
• Delivering end-user training
• Participating in ongoing improvement of systems, standards, and methodologies
• Providing guidance and training to more junior team members
There are several positions throughout the U.S., including at our Implementation Center in Providence, RI. Periodic travel to client sites may be required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES (Not all roles require all skills):
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, CIS, MIS or a related field.
• Immediate authorization to work in the US
• 5+ years relevant work experience as a business analyst in a software development, information technology, or system implementation environment
• Experience gathering business requirements, documenting “as is” and “to be” business processes, and developing use cases
• Knowledge of standard development techniques (OOD, SDLC)
• Prior experience in basic programming languages Java, PL/SQL, T-SQL
• Experience leading client design sessions
• Strong analytical problem solving skills
• Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and offer solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
• Professional business demeanor
• Customer-focused attitude and desire to interface directly with end-user clients
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Advanced degree
• Experience with development/harvesting of business rules and design of applications using a rules engine
• Experience with data warehousing and/or large scale databases
• Familiarity with .NET, ASP, or C#
• SQL scripting skills
• Experience implementing large-scale public sector IT projects, especially for Revenue or Finance agencies