Ultimate Software SENIOR SECURITY OPERATIONS CENTER (SOC) ENGINEER in United States
Ultimate Software is looking for individuals who are passionate about Security! Do you stay up at night thinking about vulnerabilities and attack scenarios? Do you enjoy working with a team of software security professionals to creatively secure and maintain an enterprise product? If so, Ultimate Software needs you! At this time we are only considering local candidates, now residing in Singapore.
We need senior talent to help us ensure continuous security of our enterprise application, which is hosted in our own private cloud, consisting of thousands of servers, to millions of users across the globe. As a Senior Security Operations Centre (SOC)/Border Security Engineer you will be part of the software development team working with incidents as they come in. You will be monitoring infiltration attempts, analyzing logs looking for patterns to ensure infiltration attempts are identified and dealt with in a timely manner. You will identify attack patterns and how to defend against them, and continuously evolve the team to be more efficient through the creation of tools. You have to be more than button pushers, must challenge the system, and know why you are doing what you are doing and want to constantly grow.
This team supports 24/7 coverage of our enterprise application. Our SOC is centrally located in our South Florida USA headquarters office, and we are expanding internationally to increase our off-hour coverage. The positions in Singapore will be day shift, covering off shift for USA.
Ultimate Software is a FAST growing, stable and very successful company, please do check US out! We are also recognized as one of the best places to work in the USA, and this culture carries over to our overseas employees. Just ask them! (We have employees in Singapore presently).
If this sounds interesting, tell your friends and apply today.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 Best Places to Work For in 2016. This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the Most Innovative Growth Companies.
- Defense perspective threat modeling
- Monitor and analyze data flow to identify and block malicious behavior and activities
- Identify risk areas that will require vulnerability prevention
- Provide updates and identified threats to the Development Security organization
- Continuously improve processes through automation and tools creation
- Stay current with Security technologies and make recommendations for use based on business value
- At this time we are only considering local candidates, now residing in Singapore.
- Minimum 5+ years supporting a SOC team or similar
- Understanding of IT operations: help desk, end-point management and server management
- Experience configuring and implementing technical security solutions, such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Experience monitoring and analyzing network traffic, host-based security appliance logs and IDS alerts is a strong plus
- Security incident handling understanding
- Working HTTP knowledge
- Working UNIX/Linux knowledge
- Good understanding of TCP/IP
- Basic Networking
- Basic WAF understanding
- Meticulous reporting skills
- Understand the applicability of software vulnerabilities, such as the OWASP Top 10 threats
- Scripting ability in Python is a plus
- Ability to communicate efficiently: write clearly and speak authoritatively to different audiences (business leaders and engineers)
Travel Requirement:Limited travel upon request
Posted: November 30, 2016