Fairmont Rooms: PBX Operator in United States
PBX Operator First impressions are everything! As a Reception Agent with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts you have the opportunity to provide a welcome experience like no other. Your personalized greeting, care in Guest room selection and knowledge of the hotel will ensure our Guest have a lasting memory of their visit.
When you’re ready to escape to endless Pacific sunshine, world-class accommodations and impeccable service, look no further than San Diego’s premier resort: Fairmont Grand Del Mar. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or slipping away for the weekend, start planning your Grand Moment with our specials and packages.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Answering all incoming telephone calls with a friendly and sincere welcome, responding to any/all questions about the resort & transferring calls to appropriate extensions.
- Performing all guest wake-up calls, and
- Logging and dispatching all guest requests for Engineering & Housekeeping issues.
Answer all incoming calls (internal & external) with a warm and sincere welcome; answer all questions pertaining to the resort and its amenities; transfer callers to appropriate extensions.
Perform all wake up calls for in house guests in accordance with AAA five diamond & Forbes five star standards.
Log and dispatch all guest requests for Engineering & Housekeeping through the HotSOS operating system.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
High school or equivalent education required.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess basic computational ability
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions
- Knowledge of Resort operations, its services, and facilities
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by Resort environmental systems
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different outlets and other departments of the Resort on a timely basis
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in U.S.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visithttp://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-San Diego-Fairmont Grand Del Mar
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: GDM00684