Washington State Revenue Auditor 2 - Out of State/Cincinnati, OH Area in United States
The Department of Revenue's Audit Division has a fantastic out of state opportunity for a Revenue Auditor 2 in the greater Cincinnati, OH Area.
As a journey-level auditor you will:
- Independently perform comprehensive audits of small to mid-sized national and multi-national technically diverse business firms, their affiliates, subsidiaries and divisions whose business records are maintained at offices located outside the State of Washington
- Evaluate business activities and accounting records to determine if taxpayers are in compliance with applicable tax laws and have correctly reported their tax liability. Establish or confirm the presence of local nexus with respect to Washington sales using various tools including but not limited to taxpayer interviews, internet research and the Washington Business Activities Questionnaire.
- Audit businesses including but not limited to national and international, multi-divisional and vertically integrated; manufacturers, financial institutions, contractors, high technology companies, telecommunications companies, airlines, transportation companies, petroleum companies, health care providers, department store chains and other Fortune 500 companies.
Click here to find out more about Department of Revenue
Bachelor degree with major study in accounting.
Bachelor degree in business administration or closely allied field which includes 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of college-level accounting.
Bachelor or Graduate degree and is CPA Exam eligible.
Two (2) years of experience as a Revenue Auditor including one (1) year as a Revenue Auditor 1.
Three (3) years of professional accounting, tax compliance or tax examination experience.
$4,208 to $5,522 per month (Range 57), depending on qualifications. Out-of-State Revenue Auditor 2 positions receive assignment pay which is included in amount above.
Out-of-State Auditors generally work out of their home and receive a monthly special allowance intended to cover office costs.
To be considered:
- Complete the online application in detail as it will be used as your initial resume.
- Attach college transcripts showing your college-level accounting credits. *To take advantage of Veteran's preference *please attach your DD-214, member 4 long form, or your NGB-22.
Questions? Call 360.704.5725 or email email@example.com
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple similar vacancies for up to six months.
Prior to any new appointment into the Department of Revenue, a background check will be conducted.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between the Department of Revenue and the Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA) which contains a "union security" provision. This means that, as a condition of employment, you must either join the union and pay union dues or pay the union a representational or other fee within 30 days of the date you are put into pay status. As a public service employee, you may also be eligible for student loan forgiveness.
The Department of Revenue is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and offer a respectful, inclusive culture for people with disabilities, as well as members of all protected groups and statuses. We encourage you to apply.
If you need help during the application process, please call the Human Resources Office at 360-704-5738. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10419
Department: Dept. of Revenue
Closing: 10/23/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,208.00 - $5,522.00 Monthly
Location: Out of State, WA