NYC Health Hospitals Retention Representative in United States
MetroPlus provides access to health care services to New York City residents in Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Manhattan through New York State's Medicaid Managed Care, Child Health Plus, Family Health Plus and Partnership in Care, an HIV Special Needs Program through its network of participating providers.
Purpose of Position:
The Member Retention Department is responsible for the timely recertification and securing of the active membership within MetroPlus Health Plan. The Member Retention Representatives are responsible for assisting members with their recertification process/ applications in person and/or by phone. The Member Retention Representative must ensure effective and efficient outreach in order to sustain membership. This includes both in-house and external outreach.
- Assist in retaining current qualified members by following a strategic daily work schedule that includes am and pm hours, as well as weekends. This is designed to optimize telephone outreach and conduct field visits with members due to recertify.
- Communicate the managed care concept and the importance of continuity, as well promote and educate consumers about MetroPlus Health Plan.
- Establish and maintain an accurate record of all member contact. This includes but is not limited to telephone outreach, home visit and walk-in appointments.
- Accurate completion and timely submission of renewal applications, necessary forms, transmittals and batch sheets.
- Timely collection of outstanding documents to complete pending/incomplete renewal application.
- Coordination and participation of renewal events aimed at attracting hard to reach members for assistance.
- Increase/Maintain daily and monthly renewal goals set increase overall membership.
- High School graduation or evidence of having satisfactorily passed a High School Equivalency Program; and,
- Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication which includes but is not limited to an internal individual assessment test.
- Minimum one year of experience in direct consumer contact, sales and/or social services; or,
- A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Bilingual in a second language is required.
- Prior Managed Care Experience preferred.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Access, Excel and Word.
- Driver’s license and vehicle preferred.
- Community/Field experience is preferred.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
MetroPlus Health Plan Human Resources Department 160 Water Street 8th Floor New York, NY 10038 Attn: Recruitment Unit
Job Title: Retention Representative
Location: Metroplus Health Plan
Job ID: 30874
Department: MEMBER/CLIENT RETENTION
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Regular Shift: N/A
Hire In Rate: $37,900.00 (for employees new to HHC)
Salary Range: $37,945.00
Pay Frequency: Year
Source of Funding: General Care
Civil Service Classification: Non Competitive
Post Date: 2016/10/18 - Open Until Filled