Catholic Community Services of Southern Arizona, I Program Coordinator I in United States
As a condition of employment, all CCS employees are required to qualify for an Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
Provide direct services including case management and advocacy for Assets for Families program that operates throughout Southern Arizona along the border and in Pima County. Responsible for coordinating volunteers and activities related to financial education, tax, and SNAP enrollment programs. Position may from time to time be stressful and require a high demand of performance. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates program appointments with agency’s tax attorney and clients.
- Processes initial interviews of participants
- Conducts workshops on financial education and tax-related issues in English and Spanish, based on materials provided by agency.
- Coordinates volunteer recruitment and training activities for tax preparation, quality review and electronic filing at Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) activities site
- Program reporting
- Participates in community networking and service coordination activities
- Case management; including goal setting, completing individualized service plans, and regular follow up activities.
- Coordinates the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Task Force meetings and conducts follow-up activities
- May drive agency or personal vehicle on company business
Suitable work experience may be considered as transferable skills in order to meet minimum requirements of the position, and will be considered by the Corporate Director of Human Resources.
- Associate degree in Human Services or related field
- Ability to obtain Tax Preparation certification
- Bilingual, English / Spanish verbal and written
- Proven skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven strong communication skills – oral and written communications are clear and concise using appropriate style, grammar and tone
- Obtain State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Arizona Driver License, proof of insurance and Arizona Motor Vehicle division 39 months Motor Vehicle Report
- Bachelor’s in human services or related field
- Human services experience
- Tax preparation or budget preparation experience
- Bilingual, English/ Spanish verbal and written
Location: Pio Decimo-Douglas
Status: Non-Exempt Full-Time
Open: Sep 28, 2016
Closing Date: Open until filled