DAI Pricing Analyst in United States
DAI is recruiting two Pricing Analyststo work as part of their busy Commercial team. Candidates for one of the positions should have an understanding of financial requirements for contracts with the European Commission or other European donors.
Main purpose of role:
This is a full-time permanent position. The primary function of this role is to provide cross-cutting advisory support to BDU, PMU and Finance departments and to prepare budgets and commercial proposals for service contracts.
Key tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Analyse market dynamics, pricing trends, donor requirements and ensure that current tools and procedures for pricing of service contracts are responsive to Client and business needs;
- Devise pricing strategies and prepare budgets for service contracts, ensuring that operating and sales margins support company business targets, deliver competitive pricing and offer appropriate value for money to Clients;
- Prepare financial methodology section of commercial proposals in accordance to selected technical approach, and assist technical teams at defining and quantifying value for money propositions in serving offerings;
- Independently develop, maintain and optimise tools and models for preparation of budgets and commercial proposals;
- Assist proposal team at engaging and negotiating with partners, with final Partnership Agreements to be reviewed by Proposal Director and/or Commercial Director;
- Support Project Finance and Project Management teams when a project is won by leading handover process, and by providing short term start-up assistance and ongoing advisory support on project budgets, forecasting, and fiduciary risk management;
- Deliver cross-cutting advisory support to BDU, PMU and Finance departments as required, including assisting the establishment of value for money reporting procedures;
- Lead training on pricing procedures (ie. new starters and ad hoc in-house training);
- Participate in cross-sector process improvement and strategic planning sessions;
- Prepare management reports for business development team and pro-actively monitor and analyse performance to generate internal lesson-learning opportunities;
- Attend Early Market Engagement (EME) meetings to represent DAI’s commercial interests, where required;
- Any other duties requested by the Commercial Director.
- Able to learn quickly and to apply result-oriented problem-solving methods;
- Attention to detail and highly numerate;
- Strong interpersonal communication (written and oral);
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in rapidly changing environment;
- Action-oriented with strong intellectual agility and ability;
- Ability to work flexibly and to strict deadlines.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Advanced skills in developing and maintaining spreadsheet tools;
- Relevant degree in business and finance, economics, accounting or similar;
- Experience of business analysis and budget preparation;
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience of developing budgets for government or international donor contracts;
- Understanding of financial requirements for contracts with the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the European Commission or similar organisations;
- Understanding of the UK National Audit Office’ and the Independent Commission for Aid Impact’s approach to value-for-money;
- French or Spanish language skills.
The position will be based in DAI’s UK offices; shortly to be relocating to spacious, bespoke offices in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, adjacent to fast rail links to London and southeast England.
Salary commensurate with relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period).
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
The closing date for applications is Friday 16th December. Interviews for selected candidates will take place in the following week.
Location: United Kingdom
Job Code: 2879