NYC Health Hospitals Patient Services Associate (Assistant Coordinating Manager), Correctional Health Services in United States
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the nation. We are a network of 11 hospitals, trauma centers, neighborhood health centers, nursing homes, and post-acute care centers. We are a home care agency and a health plan, MetroPlus. Our health system provides essential services to 1.4 million New Yorkers every year in more than 70 locations across the city's five boroughs. Our diverse workforce of more than 42,000 employees are uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible. Visit us at nychhc.org and stay connected on facebook.com/nycHHC or Twitter@hhcnyc.
With approximately 60,000 admissions per year and 10,000 average daily population in twelve jails citywide, the NYC jail system is among the largest in the nation. The Division of Correctional Health Services (CHS) of the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation is responsible for the delivery of medical and behavioral health care, social work services, discharge planning and reentry services 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. CHS is a national leader in the delivery of health care to the justice-involved population and works continuously to improve access to, and quality and continuity of, care within the jail system.
This unit is solely responsible for all off-island specialty referrals and appointments to and for our contracted hospitals, Bellevue (BHC) for male patients and Elmhurst (EGH) for female patients (in some cases males and females will be referred to the opposite hospital) and other hospitals for services that BHC and EGH does not offer.
In practice we surface eCW in the open referrals for BHC and EGH, ensure that they have been approved by the SMDs if not generated by a specialist. Make a note in the general note tab and structured data tab that these referrals have been reviewed by our unit and move the referral in the pending queue. Convert the referrals to consults (PDF documents) and save them in a labeled folder on our computer. Once the consults are generated, referrals are entered into HHC Adv and then the consults are uploaded/attached onto HHC Adv. We then search HHC Adv for all appointments and then enter these appointments into eCW. Finally, on a daily basis transportation lists for BHC and EGH are generated no later than 2pm and then submitted to CHS Operations Administrative Staff, RMSC, BHC and DOC for patients to be transported to the hospitals the next business day.
- Enters all off-island specialty referrals from eClinical Works (eCW) for female patients (sometimes male patients depending on patient’s need) being referred to Elmhurst Hospital Center (EGH) into the Health & Hospitals Advantage Scheduling System (HHC Advantage) and occasionally Bellevue Hospital Center (BHC)
- Assists with monitoring and verifying all off-island referrals for Bellevue (BHC) in eCW
- Communicates with Clerical Staff at Rose M Singer Correctional Center (RMSC) and EGH Scheduling staff via e-mail relating to specialty referrals
- Searches HHC Advantage for appointments for Elmhurst and enter them along with follow up appointments into eCW
- Generates and distributes temp and final transportation lists for TeleHealth, Bellevue and Elmhurst Hospital to Department of Correction and all other relevant units by daily deadline
- Processes all reschedule and expedited requests/referrals for Elmhurst Hospital
- Assist with processing & entering off-island specialty requests into HHC Advantage for Bellevue (BHC) by close of business as needed
A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Community Health, Psychology or related discipline with one year of full-time experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity in business management systems, general administration, health care and medical/patient systems administration; or,
A satisfactory combination of education, training and experience.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or mail your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
NYC Health + Hospitals / Central Office Human Resources Department 55 Water Street, 26th Floor New York, NY 10041 Attn: Recruitment Unit
If applying online, please include your cover letter in the same file attachment with your uploaded resume.
Job Title: Patient Services Associate (Assistant Coordinating Manager), Correctional Health Services
Location: Correctional Health Services
Job ID: 30872
Department: CORRECTIONAL HEALTH SERVICES
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Regular Shift: N/A
Hire In Rate: $42,856.00 (for employees new to HHC)
Salary Range: $49,284.00
Pay Frequency: Year
Source of Funding: General Care
Civil Service Classification: Non Competitive
Post Date: 2016/10/18 - Open Until Filled