SunOpta Operations Filler Operator I in United States
This position is responsible for all functions relating to operating of the filling equipment include cleaning (CIP) and sanitizing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Able to read and understand inventory batch tickets
Understanding internal Job Aids and requirements of each of our customer
Ability to take weights and measures accurately
Ability to set up and change over and maintain printers and codes
Ability to set up for CIP’s and make production swings
Ability to make needed changes to fillers when required. This includes weight changes and caps changes
Must be able to understand the fillers and work with the maintenance department on issues and learn how to correct issues on your own
Ability to read and understand pressure gauges
Monitoring of codes and keep accurate records
- Be able to work as a team member and assist in other areas as needed
- Be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Be able to climb stairs
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to trouble shoot equipment
- Complete all required production paperwork as required in a neat & professional manner
- Performs a variety of quality and food safety checks to ensure standards and specifications are met
- Communicate to all other facility personnel regarding any delays or problems that would hinder production
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations as required
- Must follow all employee safety, food safety and quality procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Responsible for proper shift handoff with oncoming/outgoing operators
- Must wear all required PPE as required such as protective gloves, aprons, face shields and safety glasses
- Leadership and ownership of the department, job responsibilities and job functions
- Manage all functions related to cleaning and sanitizing their work area, as per master cleaning schedule
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Forklift certification (as needed)
Passing of background and drug screens.
A desire to succeed and good work ethics are required.
Excellent oral and written skills.
High-energy, flexible, self-starter, hands on, comfortable with little or no administrative support
Attention to detail.
Team player with a sense of urgency and a self-accountability mentality
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associated degree or higher preferred; or two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least two years of filling experience preferably in food manufacturing.
*Knowledge and Skills *
Must possess the knowledge and understanding of basic math skills including weight calculations, averages and percentages. Must be able to read and write in English.
None as part of normal job requirements; but travel may occur per management due to training needs
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Approximately; 100% of work is performed in an manufacturing facility which is not climate controlled and may contain allergens
Primary Location: US-Allentown Facility
Work Locations: Allentown Facility (4057) 7108 Daniels Drive Allentown, 18106
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Posting: Nov 29, 2016, 10:40:25 AM
Req ID: 160000DJ