Mattel National Account Manager in United States
At Mattel, our vision is_ Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood_. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees whoDARE to be innovative, andTHRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping themGROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture ofBALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employeesLEAD by example in all that they do!
We are looking for an ambitious account manager to further develop the potential of toy specialist retailers here in the Netherlands.
We are searching for a great key account manager who loves to build relations and is able to convert strategic plans into action. You understand and have interest in the Dutch retail environment in general and the shopper purchase behavior in specific. You must be a creative thinker who looks beyond a productorder, because you know that great sales figures are only achieved by a strong collaboration with marketing and the accounts. You know how to strategically align with an account and seek to understand the unique problems of the account to determine the best fit for their needs.
Are you able to manage our biggest sales channel? Then we are looking for you to join our team!
Inthisrole you will be responsible for managing toy specialist accounts such as Intertoys. Your main goal is to drive sales (offline and online!) of our brands in the Netherlands. You will be part of a team of three account managers, a teammanager and our Brand Activation department.
- Developing the vision of the Toy Specialist channel while also developing (and executing!) strategic account plans.
- Creatively harmonizing your sales with promotional initiatives, by aligning with our local Brand Activation managers.
- Fostering strong relationships and piloting negotiations.
- Analyzing POS figures and reshaping your action plans on a regular basis.
- Executing store audits, ensuring the appropriate display of products.
- Managing the interface between accounts and internal departments (sales, finance, accounting, customer service, marketing).
Experience, Education & Skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration or any other related field (Bachelor/ Master/ Diploma).
- Minimum of 3 years of successful experience in a commercial role of which at least 1-year experience in key account management.
- Preferably experience in Toys, FMCG or licensed consumer goods, Apparel or Health & Beauty industry.
- Fluent in both Dutch and English.
- Demonstrated knowledge of offline & online sales, marketing, advertising and promotional principles.
- Ambitious, energetic, strategic thinker, who’s capable of building and maintaining strong relationships
- Proven experience with strategic account planning
What do we have to offer? We offerafulltime position with a competitive salary. AtMattel we deeply value a healthy work-life balance. In our Amstelveenofficewe therefore offer 30 vacation days, plus 3 discretionary ‘Mattel Days’. It is optional to work a schedule that allows you to have the Friday afternoons off. Commuting expenses will be reimbursed (capped). We offer a collective health insurance and a solid pension plan. We also provide a partially sponsored gym membership at a local top class fitness center along with toy discounts at our onsite toy shop. The dress code at our office is business casual. Are you ready to play your part within our exciting and international environment? Then we look forward to your application! Please make sure to clearly motivate your application in English to help us gain a deeper understanding of how your background,ambition and personalityfits to this role and in which aspects you still find a challenge for yourself.
ABOUT US Mattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel’s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl®, Barbie®, Fisher-Price®, Hot Wheels®, Monster High® and Thomas & Friends®, among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting Title: National Account Manager
Requisition Number: 162646
Location: Europe - Amstelveen
Zip Code: 1186MJ
Job Category: Sales