General Motors Maintenance Group Leader - MAN0021125 in United States
MAINTENANCE GROUP LEADER – Body – Flint Assembly - 6th Level
Supervise a medium to large size group of employees in a skilled area of work which involves the construction, repair and maintenance of plant and equipment. Work is of a technical nature with decisions made within the limits of general procedures and specifications. Responsible for the departmental maintenance activities in the fast paced environment of automotive assembly operations. Duties would also include the coordination of project work and operation rearrangement.
- Lead and coach maintenance team using the Global Manufacturing System to meet Safety, People, Cost, Quality, Throughput and Environmental objectives.
- Communicate to and direct the activities of skilled tradespersons in a unionized work environment.
- Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements
- Implements safety and good housekeeping practices
- Implements divisional and Corporate policies
- Communicate between shifts and departments to implement best practices, resolve problems and sustain consistent performance to objectives.
- Plan, coordinate and carryout predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance activities.
- Provide project coordination and support including parts procurement.
- Ensure employees perform job responsibilities and empower them to continuously improve their work by managing and eliminating constraints.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early morning, evenings, nights and / or weekends.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Basic Required :
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
- Selfmotivated - successful candidate expected to seek out and develop creative solutions to problems which negatively impact departmental productivity.
- Strong analytical problem solving ability with a serious desire to understand root cause analysis and irreversible correction action.
- Knowledge of computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required, motivate employees and elicit work output.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical assistance when electrical and mechanical problems are encountered.
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays.
- Coordinate special requirements including permits, pre-task planning and harzard assessment.
- Understands and consistently administer national and local agreements; participate in the local labor relations activities.
Basic Preferred :
- Previous experience as a MaintenanceGroup Leaderin a Vehicle Assembly Center Body Shop preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use computer software as it pertains to engineering preferred.
- Electrical / Controls experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering) or equivalent training.