General Motors Lean Body Integration Engineer/ Material Industrial Engineer - MFE0003628 in United States
At the new General Motors,we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s bestvehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is thehallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehiclescan only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process ofreinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt andOnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching sixcontinents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones.From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing newvehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team membersare valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals whoare looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconiccompanies.
Purpose of Position:
- Work with Manufacturing Body Engineers and Launch Teams to develop and implement Material Delivery Strategies for the body assembly processes (Body Shop).
- Develop and apply Lean Material Strategies (LMS).
- Coordinate container agreements among different program stakeholders.
- Develop lessons learned and continuous improvement items and incorporate into standards, procedures and lean material delivery strategies.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing concepts and integrate GM-Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles into Future Product Programs and the Assembly Plants.
- Develop and drive the Continuous Improvement Process (CIP).
- Develop cost studies for different material delivery strategy approaches and process alternatives.
- Provide inputs to drive to man/machine/material optimization.
Key Job Elements:
- Teach and coach the Assembly Workforce, Engineering and Future Program teams in Lean Material Delivery and Lean Layout Strategies.
- Improve Body Shop throughput
- Demonstrate working knowledge on IE tools for material delivery systems and for operation analysis, including the use of Vehicle Assembly Standard Time Data (STDS), Man-Machine charts, Material Line Balance System (MLBS), Throughput Improvement Process (TIP), Factory Flow and Autocad.
- Capable of developing plans for Assembly Plant line re-rate, schedule changes and future program product changes.
- Support resolution of ergonomic issues identified and tracked in the Technical Ergonomic Database (TED).
- Train, develop and evaluate team members as required.
- Knowledgeable with Material Delivery Systems in the Vehicle Assembly Facility
- Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate and facilitate others in group situations and instruct others in new techniques
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
- Areas of expertise include: Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience in Lean Manufacturing assignments in Vehicle Assembly.
- Knowledgeable with standard computer programs (Microsoft Office, etc.) - Intermediate level
- Ability to teach and train
- Body shop launch and plant experience
- Knowledge of E-Bop and Vis Mock up
- Ability to run Net Meetings, Web X meetings and Team Center Applications
- Thorough knowledge and experience in body, paint, and general assembly manufacturing processes
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the Vehicle Development Process (VDP) from vehicle design concept to program execution and launch
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
Location: 30300 Van Dyke, Warren, MI 48090
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.