Mattel Employment Manager in United States
At American Girl, our vision isInspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees whoDARE to be innovative, andTHRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. American Girl is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping themGROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture ofBALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employeesLEAD by example in all that they do!
- Managing positive employee relations. Lead the investigation of employee concerns and the creation of the appropriate resolutions in line with the American Girl brand.
- Providing all managers with the necessary guidance to coach and guide all levels of personnel in order to build skill sets and enhance personal development.
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are consistently administered and adhered to with an end result of achieving excellent customer service.
- Managing the employment process for all exempt and non-exempt positions with the creation of effective recruiting/advertising campaigns and programs.
- Supporting retail and restaurant leadership team with supervisory coverage including some evenings and weekends.
- Execute all job functions in accordance with established American Girl processes and policies.
Experience, Education & Skills
- BS in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business or other related field.
- Five to ten years of human resources experience in the retail and/or hospitality industry.
- Extensive knowledge of employment law including ADA, ADEA and EEO.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills are essential.
- Well-developed computer skills essential; must be a skilled user of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Change Management experience preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
ABOUT US American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, experiences, and entertainment to empower and unite girls of all ages. Best-selling lines include Truly Me™, Girl of the Year™, Bitty Baby™, WellieWishers™, and the classic historical character line BeForever™. American Girl’s mission is to help build girls of strong character—a goal that has already earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of their parents and educators. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores nationwide. Select American Girl product is also sold via Toys“R”Us. Outside of the U.S, American Girl products are sold at specialty boutiques with Indigo™ and Chapters™ in Canada and with El Palacio de Hierro in Mexico City. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting Title: Employment Manager
Requisition Number: 162636
Location: AG Atlanta Store
Zip Code: 30022
Job Category: Human Resources