Washington State DSHS Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in United States
DSHSLicensed Practical Nurse
The Department of Social and Health Services has rewarding job opportunities for LPN Licensed Practical Nurses at Rainier Habilitation Center. We want, motivated Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to join our team. If you're looking to use both your mind and heart to improve lives on a daily basis, come join our team and our mission in Transforming Lives.
11 Reasons to choose Rainier Habilitation Center (RHC) for your career destination
- Excellent starting Salary
- Educational Benefit: Pursing RN degree
- Shift Differential Pay
- Consistent schedule
- No low census days
- Low cost health care benefits
- Lunch breaks
- Work Attire: "Jeans everyday"
- Free CEU for licensing requirements
- Paid orientation
- Work with a team of professionals located onsite
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Case Manager
- Lab technician
- Radiology services
You'll be eligible for
- National Certification as a Nurse specializing in care of Developmental Disabled clients after two years employment;
- You'll have the opportunity to practice Home Health and Urgent Care nursing;
- You'll also gain experience in psychiatric nursing through Respite and Crisis intervention care for our clients who need specialized services to regain stability and return to their community residential setting;
Some of the duties you'll perform:
- Provide skilled nursing care to a vulnerable population of adults with intellectual disabilities and some co-occurring psych disorders;
- Administer prescribed medications and provide treatments to approximately 32 clients in an accurate and timely manner;
- Collaborate with the registered nurses, physicians and caregivers to ensure the overall well-being of all clients as part of the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT);
- Promote independence and learning experience during each encounter with every client.
What we're looking for
- Prefer one year nursing experience or two years as a caregiver; currently we're hiring new graduates;
- A good attitude, willingness to learn, a contributing team member and suggestive input on how improvements can be made are all important attributes in our hiring decisions. Questions contact Tracie Kidd at firstname.lastname@example.org
So, what is Rainier School and where is Buckley? Rainier School is a habilitation center for individuals with developmental disabilities. The campus is situated in a quiet country setting with a distinctive and pronounced view of Mt. Rainier. First opened in 1939, the school has a rich history. Today, the school has a population of about 350 adults with a wide variety of abilities and needs. Programs and services are individualized and designed to enhance self-determination and maximize independence. If you drop into the Puyallup Valley and then climb out on the east slope, when it looks as if you could touch Mt. Rainier, you're in Buckley. A booming timber town in the early 1900's, the area is now an active, contemporary, family-friendly community of about 4500 residents. Buckley is a convenient half hour drive from Tacoma's metropolitan area and is the gateway to north and east entrances of Mount Rainier National Park. It is a favorite spot for hikers, skiers, fisherman, campers and other outdoor enthusiasts.
Some jobs may require a full criminal background check and may be covered by a collective bargaining agreement. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 16-1
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 3/31/2017 12:00 AM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,453.00 - $4,532.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Buckley, WA