Washington State DSHS Direct Care Provider - Attendant Counselor 2 in United States
If you are a compassionate individual who is ready to coach, teach and mentor the people we serve with intellectual disabilities, we have an exciting opportunity.
These jobs are on-call so schedules will vary.
About the Developmental Disabilities Administration
The Administration offers a continuum of supports through a safe, high-quality array of home, employment, community and facility-based residential services on a $1.08 billion annual budget. We promote individual worth, self-respect and dignity such that each individual is valued as a contributing member of the community.
DSHS values honesty, integrity, open communication and the pursuit of excellence. We work with those we serve to transform lives by providing behavioral health and developmental disability services, aging and long-term care and child and family support, juvenile rehabilitation, and food and cash assistance to those working toward self-sufficiency. Our 17,000 professional, employees come to work each day ready to make a difference as they support and assist more than 2.5 million of Washington's most vulnerable residents.
At DSHS you will enjoy a rewarding career with impressive benefits designed to help you maintain a comfortable life style for you and your family, including:
Optional Medical Flexible Spending Account
Retirement and other savings plan options
Paid Vacation & Holidays
See the Benefits tab for more details. Benefits apply to full-time and most part-time employees.
On a Regular Basis You'll
- Assist and train participants in all areas of Activities of Daily Living (ADL's) and personal care. Implement individualized programs, plans and services that are designed to maintain skills and encourage independence.
- Assist participants to seek recreational opportunities that are life enhancing and support individualized choice. This could be assessing their community by attending church, swimming, dancing, or any variety of activities or events.
- Transport and/or accompany participants to all appointments and/or other activities in the community.
- Assess participant medical and overall conditions. Implement all nursing procedures as trained by clinical/RN nurse.
- Review, collect, and record participant information following the CCSS documentation policy and report information that is vital and/or pertinent to home management.
- Responsible for maintaining participant room, keeping it safe and clean while respecting personal property.
- Assist in training and orienting new staff. Attend participant meetings, provide input, and attend CCSS meetings, with input, as needed.
- Assist with medical or behavioral emergencies.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
High School graduation or GED AND One year of experience working with persons with intellectual disabilities.
High School graduation or GED AND One year of experience as an Attendant Counselor 1, equivalent or higher level state class.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Must receive Nurse Delegation training and obtain and maintain Nursing Assistant Registered (NAR) or NAC Certification.
- Must receive CPR/First Aid and keep training/card current. For questions about the application process contact Staffing Specialist Lynette Ryder at email@example.com or (360) 829-4956. Supplemental Information
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, creed, color, national origin, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process on this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the recruiter at 360-829-4956. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: On-Call
Job Number: 2016-10000 XK25, XK26, XK27
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $14.95 - $18.05 Hourly
Location: Pierce County – Lakewood, WA