County of El Dorado Detention Aide in United States
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be invited to participate in an oral interview. Oral Interviews will be scheduled at the South Lake Tahoe Jail the week of November 7th. Eligibility list will be established and ranked based on those interview scores.
Current vacancy exists at the South Lake Tahoe Jail. Future vacancies may exist in the Placerville Jail. Per Sheriff's Office Policy, employees may be assigned to either the Placerville or South Lake Tahoe Jails to meet the needs of the Department. Positions may require you to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
Under general supervision, provides a variety of support services and activities relating to County jail operations.
This is a basic service support class, performing duties in the areas of inmate clothing, personal property and commissary. This class is distinguished from the professional level Correctional Officer series in that the latter classes are responsible to maintain security and ensure inmate welfare in the County jail.
Examples of Essential Functions
Receives, collects, issues and exchanges inmate clothing; organizes clothing for delivery and delivers to appropriate locations; delivers soiled clothing to laundry.
Maintains records of clothing issued, exchanged and returned; restocks clothing shelves.
Oversees trustees working in the laundry; instructs in the proper operation of laundry equipment and in laundry procedures.
Receives, sorts, bags, marks, stores and secures personal property from inmates; retrieves and returns personal property to inmates.
Tabulates commissary orders from inmates and records charges to inmate's account; prepares and delivers commissary orders to inmates.
Maintains accurate records and appropriate inventory of commissary items; orders, prices and stocks commissary items.
Orders, issues and stores jail facility household and cleaning supplies; maintains usage records.
Enters, edits and retrieves data and prepares periodic and special reports from an on-line or personal computer system following established formats and menus.
Responds to inmate requests regarding clothing, property and commissary.
Attendance and punctuality that is observant of scheduled hours on a regular basis.
Performs other duties as assigned,
Education & Experience Requirements (typing "See Resume" in application will not be accepted)
One year of experience as a stock clerk or in general office support work.
*NOTE: * The above qualifications are typically accepted way of obtaining the required knowledge and skills.
Specified positions may require possession of a valid driver's license. Specified positions may require evening, weekend or other off-shift work. Must be able to pass a detailed background investigation.
- Methods and practices used in receiving, storing and issuing supplies and materials.
- Methods of taking inventories and maintaining inventory records.
- Basic business data processing applications related to the work.
- Business arithmetic, including percentages and decimals.
- Basic recordkeeping principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with inmates.
- Performing detailed storekeeping work accurately and independently.
- Maintaining accurate inventory supply records and files.
- Understanding and carrying out oral and written instructions.
- Using initiative and sound independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Operating standard office equipment, including a computer terminal or a personal computer.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Salary: $33,051.20 - $40,164.80 Annually $15.89 - $19.31 Hourly $2,754.27 - $3,347.07 Monthly $33,051.20 - $40,164.80 Annually
Job Number: 1610-5915
Location: Placerville & South Lake Tahoe, CA Placerville & South Lake Tahoe, CA
Closing: 10/23/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Job Type: Full Time
Agency: The County of El Dorado
Address: 330 Fair Lane Placerville, California, 95667.