IDC Content Director in United States
Position: Content Director Discipline: Editorial Business Unit: Strategic Marketing Services/Global Services Group
IDG is looking for a to join an award-winning team known for creating transformational marketing programs for the world’s largest technology companies. You will fill a highly-coveted position in IDG Strategic Marketing Services, a corporate group that works across every business unit in the company. You will be working on both co-branded content projects and white label content for our customers. You will have access to IDG’s comprehensive catalogue of media, data and services products. This includes but is not limited to: 460+ technology-focused websites, an ad network and ad exchange, a custom research team, a team of brilliant custom editors and journalists, creative design and video studios, and a database of 40M+ technology decision makers. As Content Director, you will apply a mix of editorial and content marketing expertise to develop and deliver high-quality content to a broad range of technology clients. You will provide strategic guidance at the earliest stages of client engagements, using data- driven insights from a variety of sources to align the content deliverables and brand messaging with client objectives.
The role means you will oversee development of a variety of digital content types in our rapidly growing product portfolio, including blog posts, long form articles, interactive infographics, videos and social media content, among others. You will work with internal project management, data intelligence, social media marketing, research design and digital production teams to ensure that all client needs are met throughout the planning, development and delivery process.
The experience and characteristics of the successful applicant:
- We are looking for a unique blend of traditional journalistic curiosity and attention to detail with modern content marketing and brand messaging skills.
- Editing and writing skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously - all while delivering high-quality client service are required.
- You will have worked in content marketing on the client side, or as an editor/ senior content producer for a media company
- You will be adept and experienced at hosting face to face and digital events.
- You will work closely with the commercial team to identify and develop new opportunities and respond to client briefs
- The perfect candidate will be an innovative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit who understands the application of content across multiple digital channels.
- No two days will be the same in this role so the content director will need to be prepared to roll their sleeves up and approach new opportunities with an open mind.
Req Number: 16-0177
Posting Date: 8/30/2016
Title: Content Director
Job Family: Editorial
Unit: IDG Strategic Marketing Services
City: Staines, Surrey
Job Type: Full-Time
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)