NYC Health Hospitals Clin Lab Technolgst 3-Bld Bank in United States
Kings County Hospital Center has a rich legacy for its pioneering role in medicine. Today, with over 625 beds, our hospital remains on the cutting edge of technology and provides the most modern procedures with state-of-the-art equipment. Built in 1831 as a one room infirmary for publicly supported care of the sick, Kings County Hospital Center continues to be a leading healthcare facility whose mission is to provide care to everyone regardless of their ability to pay. The hospital provides a wide range of health services, and specialties are offered in all fields of modern medicine. More than 200 clinics provide a wide array of ambulatory care services.
- Performs clinical testing in laboratory areas where he/she is fully trained and in compliance with Federal NYSDOH, CAP and JCAHO standards.
- Adheres to all relevant corporate, hospital and regulatory policies and procedures governing clinical laboratory services.
- Demonstrates ability to plan and direct the work of subordinate staff engaged in delivering a comprehensive range of laboratory, scientific, technical and diagnostic services.
- Complies with all laboratory procedures and obtains or receives laboratory specimens which include blood, urine and body fluids.
- Performs clinical laboratory tests and obtains data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Monitors examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performances are maintained.
- Ensures that specimens are sent to the laboratory in a timely manner (pneumatic tube handling).
- Processes patient specimens to include: ABO & Rh typing, antibody screening, antibody identification, testing for autoantibody, direct antiglobulin test, compatibility testing of patient samples and donor bloods.
- Assures that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications; in the event of nonconformances, ensures that results of test examinations are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning.
- Provides direction, leadership, and technical training to clinical laboratory technologists assigned at Levels I-IV and other appropriate laboratory personnel.
- Supervises technologists, technicians, and lab assistants in performance of tests of complex procedures.
- Provides training to personnel, prepares annual evaluations, and documents the performance of all testing personnel.
Valid license as a clinical laboratory technologist issued by the NYSED; and
One year of full-time paid experience as a technologist performing pertinent tests and analyses in a clinical laboratory as defined in Title V, Section 57 1 of the New York State Public Health Law.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree in an accredited institution, including sixteen hours in chemistry courses acceptable for a major in chemistry.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
Central Brooklyn Health Network Human Resources Department 451 Clarkson Avenue Room T-5 Brooklyn, NY 11203 Attn: Recruitment Unit
Job Title: Clin Lab Technolgst 3-Bld Bank
Location: Kings County
Job ID: 30870
Department: BLOOD STORAGE&PROC; - ANCIL
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Regular Shift: N/A
Hire In Rate: $54,094.00 (for employees new to HHC)
Salary Range: $57,969.00
Pay Frequency: Year
Source of Funding: General Care
Civil Service Classification: Non Competitive
Post Date: 2016/10/17 2016/10/24