Washington State On-Call Custodian 1 (52972) in Vancouver, Washington
**This recruitment is open until filled. The hiring manager reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
Agency Profile: **The mission of the Washington State School for the Blind (WSSB) is to provide specialized quality educational services to visually impaired/blind youth ages birth-21 within the state of Washington. Our purpose is to serve as a statewide demonstration and resource center and provide direct/indirect services to students both on campus and in the children's local communities. Each employee plays a critical role for the school and our students. We value our employees and continuously encourage them to improve the way we provide service to our students and the community.
The On-Call Custodian 1 position reports directly to the Custodial Supervisor and will have the following principle responsibilities, including but not limited to...
- Clean various buildings, offices, rooms, institutional and non-institutional facilities;
- Clean and sanitize showers, restrooms, and toilet facilities, keeping them properly supplied with toilet paper, paper towels, soap, and other items;
- Sweep, mop, scrub, wax and polish floors, walls and woodwork; vacuum rugs, curtains and furniture;
- Dust furniture and equipment; polish furniture and metal fixtures;
- Wash windows;
- Empty and clean wastebaskets, trash, and recycle containers;
- Set up and take down equipment and furnishings; and,
- Maintain inventory of equipment and products. Qualifications
- Valid state ID or driver's license and minimum age of 18;
- Ability to pass a physical examination and FBI criminal background check;
- Willing and able to work entire assigned shift while standing, bending, reaching, lifting;
- Ability to lift and carry 15-30 lbs. on a regular basis, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally;
- Willing and able to follow written and/or oral instructions;
- Work effectively in a team environment as well as independently;
- Ability to perform basic computer functions; and,
- Must be available to work varying shifts. Supplemental Information
Prior to any new appointment, a background checkwill be conducted.
Should you have any questions regarding this position or the on-line application, please email Anne.Baker@wssb.wa.gov.
The state of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance with their application, or that need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 947-3311. TTY users should first call 711 to access the Washington Relay Service.
Union Represented: As a condition of employment, the candidate accepting this position will be required to comply with the Union Security Clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees. This means that as a condition of employment, the candidate must either join the union and pay union dues, or pay the union a representational or other fee within 30 days of the date you are put in pay status.
Having your name placed on our on-call list gives no conditions for continuing employment, nor any guarantee of employment.
Job Type: On-Call
Job Number: 2016-52972
Department: School for the Blind
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $11.65 - $14.95 Hourly
Location: Clark County – Vancouver, WA