Washington State DSHS Social Service Specialist 3 in Vancouver, Washington
The Aging and Long-Term Support Administration, is seeking a dynamic, motivated, and culturally competent Social Service Specialist 3 to join our team supporting the office in Vancouver, Washington.
Within the Roads to Community Living (RCL) Program, you'll be the Subject Matter Expert performing specialized case management to help people living in Institutions return to their community. You'll have the opportunity to explore services and supports that are available for people with complex, long-term care needs to successfully move from institutions (such as nursing homes, state hospitals, or Intensive Care Facilities) and back into the community. Those who participate will have an opportunity to visit or re-visit their ability to live in the community and access additional person-centered services and supports.
Some of what you'll be doing
- Perform specialized case management within the Roads to Community Living Program.
- Develop transition plans which include identifying services and supports.
- Support and facilitate meetings, this may include person participating in program, family and/or guardian, support team, agency liaisons and community partners.
- Work with contracted providers in the community.
- Educate and provide information about the program as well as for training about how to access and utilize its benefits.
- Assess clients with the Comprehensive Assessment Reporting Evaluation (CARE) tool and manage an RCL caseload.
What we're looking for
- Must have case management experience.
- Experience assessing clients with the Comprehensive Assessment Reporting Evaluation (CARE) tool.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with clients, coworkers, supervisor, community partners and DSHS contractors and vendors, fostering good communication, demonstrating reliability, and exhibiting confidence in our ability to help people living in institutions return to their community.
*Who should apply? *Professionals with one of the following: One year as a Social Service Specialist 2. OR A Bachelor's degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences or a related field and three years of paid social service experience. OR A Master's degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or a related field and two years of paid social service experience. A practicum as part of the master's degree will be substituted for one year of paid social service experience. AND One year of paid experience completing comprehensive assessments for vulnerable populations including children, elderly and disabled adult population.
Please be prepared to provide a copy of your college transcripts to verify degree information. Applicants may provide transcripts with application or may be requested by hiring team at a later date. Degree must be obtained from an accredited institution.
For questions about the job duties, please contact Elizabeth Robinson at 360-664-9055. For questions about application process, please contact Patti.Palmer@dshs.wa.gov or at 509-454-6917
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact a Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $3,883.00 - $5,101.00 Monthly
Location: Clark County – Vancouver, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2017-07323
Closing: 8/20/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact