Washington State DSHS Social Service Specialist 3 in Vancouver, Washington
DSHS Social Service Specialist
Do you crave the ability to impact families in a positive way? Are you the type of employee who is consultative and enjoys being engaged with your clients? If this sounds like you, bring your professional knowledge, excellent communications skills and emotional intelligence to work for Children's Administration within the Department of Social and Health Services.
We are currently seeking a proactive learner and resilient contributor to join our Child and Family Welfare Services (CFWS) programs within our field office located in Vancouver, WA. Look at what our current staff have to say – Click here.
Some of what you'll do as a Social Service Specialist
- Meet all casework management directives required by law, policy, and other mandates
- Adhere to Solution-Based Casework (SBC) model
- Perform advanced level work in the investigation of child abuse and neglect allegations and specialized case management
- Investigate allegations, assess complex family situations, and develop plans to protect children either in their own homes or out of home care through the intervention of the court system
- Make findings of abuse or neglect based on the results of the investigation.
- Focus on understanding and respecting the strengths of families including their heritage, cultural beliefs and values, communication and learning styles
- Work independently in devising your own work methods to provide an advanced level of specialized, culturally competent, and solution focused case management
- Utilize the Child Health and Education Tracking (CHET) Screens
Provide accurate and timely entries into FamLink We're looking for professionals who have successfully demonstrated:
Ability to make critical decisions, based on integration of information from multiple sources that may be discrepant, in high-stress situations
- Engage children and families under difficult circumstances, to gather information to make accurate and precise decisions
- Proven ability to identify problems, develop and implement solutions
- Ability to communicate information both orally and in writing so others will understand
- Ability to remain calm when being confronted and to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Successfully manage competing priorities Who should apply?
Professionals with a Bachelor's Degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences or a related field and two years of paid social service experience, or a Master's Degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or a related field and one year of paid social service experience. A practicum will be substituted for the one year of paid social service experience.
Based on experience, this job may be filled as a Social Service Specialist 2 In-training.
Consideration will be given to complete applications with attached resume, letter of Interest and three professional references.
For questions regarding this job announcement please contact Lindsay Taylor at Lindsay.Taylor@dshs.wa.gov and reference job 10303
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10303 CL47
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/7/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,453.00 - $4,762.00 Monthly
Location: Clark County – Vancouver, WA