Community Health Systems Scheduler in Valparaiso, Indiana
Su mmary: The Scheduler performs duties in accordance with HCHB process flow under the direction/supervision as defined by the Agency s organizational chart. This position is crucial to quality care delivery through timely, efficient, and accuracy in assigning and guidance of patient care visits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities : The statements below are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilitiesperformed by incumbents in this job. The incumbents may berequested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
· Coordinates and assigns client/patient visits in a prompt, efficient and satisfactory manner.
· Schedules medical treatment visits to ensure that field clinical staff perform procedures/labs in conjunction with the regular visit scheduled forthe day.
· Coordinates all details regarding ongoing visits and keeps management updated on all issues.
· Timely completion of work flow, staff assignments,preparing and reviewing reports as needed or directed by
· Schedules agency visiting staff in a manner to maximize productivity and reports variances to Agency management.
· Managing and reviewing information related to patients in a facility.
· Responsible for prompt response to phone calls toagency.
· Should be good steward of all agency financial resources, including but not limited to arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services needed.
· Performs duties in accordance of and under the direction/supervision as defined by the Agency s
· Follows agency policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of patients and agency information.
· Participates in appropriate team conferences, staff meetings, in-service and committees with physicians and agency staff to ensure continuity of care.
· Completes and submits all documentation, including clinical and progress notes in a timely manner according to agency policy.
· Attends in-service and education as required.
· Adheres to Federal/State guidelines rules regulations, statutes and law.
· Follows the Code of Conduct policy.
· Complies with corporate and departmental policiesand procedures.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, anindividual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative ofthe knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions.
· Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
· Active/current agency health requirements.
· Must complete required department competencies to validate and maintain competency.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to interact with health care professionals at various levels demonstrating tact, respect, courtesy with primary focus on high level patient care delivery. Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks on a routine basis.
C o mputer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Database software. Must be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word)
· Occasionally (up to 33%)- Bending, Squatting, Climbing, Lifting 50+ lbs, Carrying 50+ lbs
V i sual, Hearing and Health Requirements: Must be able tosee with corrective eye wear, Must be able to hear clearly with assistance.
Education: High school diploma required; Associate degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year office experience with heavy computer related experience with one (1)
year scheduling or patient care related experience preferred.
Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and 0-2 years of related experience. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Job: Administrative Support
Organization: Porter Home Health
Requisition ID: 1680400