Washington State Public Records Officer in Tumwater, Washington
In this position you will rely on your expert level knowledge of the Public Records Act to administer, oversee and direct public records program activities within the Department of Revenue. This will involve managing the responses to public records requests, subpoenas, warrants and other process served on the agency, in addition you will supervise the discovery and litigation hold processes and execution of data sharing agreements.
Some more of what you'll do:
- Serve as subject matter expert to provide technical advice to agency management and recommend policy, procedures and process improvement.
- Supervise, mentor, train, and coach five highly competent and engaged Program Specialists.
- Develop and maintain relationships with agency division public record coordinators, the Attorney General's Office and other agency Public Records Officers.
- Oversee and monitor organization, tracking and documentation of work and in use of electronic tools and systems, including agency tracking Systems and Discovery Accelerator.
- On occasion, present training on the public records act, confidential customer information and agency policy to stakeholders and employees.
Click here to find out more about Department of Revenue
A Bachelor's degree with a major study in business or public administration, law or closely allied field AND four years of professional experience in processing public records requests, records management, legal discovery, or closely allied field.
Two years of supervisory experience.
Qualifying experience in excess of four (4) years may be substituted year for year for education.
Preferred applicants will possess the following, in addition to the qualifications above:
- Knowledge of Revenue and organizational business processes, units and functions
- Experience with tax or licensing records and application of exemptions.
- Experience with litigation and discovery
- Knowledge of contracts, data sharing, privacy and data protection.
Advanced knowledge of e-discovery search tools and organization and management of electronic records To be considered;
Complete the online application in detailas it will be used as your initial resume.
- Attach a cover letter explaining how you meet the qualifications listed. *To take advantage of Veteran's preference *please attach your DD-214, member 4 long form, or your NGB-22.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 704-5725.
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
Prior to any new appointment into the Department of Revenue, a background check will be conducted.
The Department of Revenue is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and offer a respectful, inclusive culture for people with disabilities, as well as members of all protected groups and statuses. We encourage you to apply.
If you need help during the application process, please call the Human Resources Office at 360-704-5731. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10390
Department: Dept. of Revenue
Closing: 10/23/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,532.00 - $5,943.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA