Washington State Public Disclosure Designee in Tumwater, Washington
The Department of Revenue's Information Governance Division has an opportunity for a Public Disclosure Designee. In this position, you will ensure the agency follows the Public Records Act under Chapter 42.56 RCW. You will coordinate responses for the agency to public records by researching and analyzing requests, searching and collecting records, reviewing records for confidential information and producing final responses.
You will also:
- Coordinate responses with others in defining the request,searching for records, planning, and providing technical assistance.
- Use Discovery Accelerator and other available electronic tools to search for records, redact or withhold confidential information and produce records to the requester.
- Work with staff, outside organizations, and other governments to provide technical assistance for program compliance and determine legal authority to access confidential records.
- Communicate with the requestors and handle public records requests for any division of the Department, including personnel-related requests.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for consultation and training for concerned parties.
Click here to find out more about Department of Revenue
A Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, law, or a closely allied field.
Two years of full time professional level experience managing, coordinating, processing public records requests, or working in related areas requiring compliance with and interpretation of complex statutes, policies and procedures.
Additional experience can substitute for education on a year to year basis.
Three or more years of full time professional level experience coordinating, managing and responding to a high volume of public records requests for a variety of record types, including personnel records. Knowledge of and two or more years of experience applying confidentiality laws to tax and licensing records.
To be considered;
- Complete the online application in detail as it will be used as your initial resume.
- Attach a cover letter explaining how you meet the qualifications listed.
*To take advantage of Veteran's preference *please attach your DD-214, member 4 long form, or your NGB-22.
Questions? Call 360.704.5738 or email email@example.com
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple similar vacancies for up to 6 months.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement. This means you must either join the union and pay union dues, or pay the union a representational or other fee within 30 days of your start date.
The Department of Revenue is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and offer a respectful, inclusive culture for people with disabilities, as well as members of all protected groups and statuses. We encourage you to apply.
If you need help during the application process, please call the Human Resources Office at 360-704-5738. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10435
Department: Dept. of Revenue
Closing: 10/24/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,109.00 - $5,385.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA